I know there have been lots of topics about similar situations.. but i just wanted to see if i could get some advice. My boyfriend just doesn't undetstand this phobia. He thinks he gets it, he thinks he can relate because he "hates spiders." When trying to explain it to him, i used the example of last winter when my brother got a stomach bug, and i stayed in my room pretty much those entire three days except for when going to school. His response is "liz! thats so dumb! you need to get over it!" Things like that don't help. I wish there was a way i could explain the seriousness of it to him. He's been begging me togo see jackass 2 with him, and he says he'll know when the v* parts are coming. This doesnt help, because i'll still be able to hear it, i'll still be able to imagine it, i'll still be incredibly freaked out. Is there a way i can explain this to him without having to let him see me flip out?

PS. sorry for the long post. i'm just frustrated, i guess i was venting [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]