Hi there!

Well, I think some of you know that this past weekend when I was out with my son I had a horrible experience that involved a girl v*ing on my shoes. I had such a crazy reaction to it (panic attack, storming out of there, etc.) and my 9-year-old son witnessed the whole thing and was a bit shaken up, so I felt it was time to finally explain about my fear of v*ing. I had asked you all this question before about what I should say, so I took your advice and explained it in easy terms why I freaked out at the pumpkin place and he was absolutely amazing about it!!! He knows I have a dreadful fear of spiders, so I explained it that way. He told me he knew I was afraid because he saw that the last time he v*ed in December he noticed "my hands were shaking" and said that when he got scared, his did too so he knew I was afraid of it. He said he's not afraid of it, but it's just "yucky", so that makes me feel better knowing I haven't yet passed this awful phobia on to him. He also said that if he v*ed again he was "older now" and could make it to the bathroom and so forth so I don't have to see it, and the only thing he would need from me is to stay in the house so he knows I'm there. While we were watching the movie "The Benchwarmers" last night he even warned me there was a v" scene in it and to look away, that he would "be my eyes" and tell me when it's over. Oh, I don't even deserve him--he's so amazing!!!
I feel soo much better after talking to him!! Like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders!! I just wish I did this before....
Again, thanks for all the wonderful advice you all give on here--I don't know what I'd do without you all!
Take care!!!