*May be graphic for some people.*

It all started just over a week ago on Friday night. I had just gotten our daughter to sleep and the boys asked to play marbles. (The only time we allow them to play is when Ella is sleeping. A trip to the ER to have a marble removed from a toddler's nose just doesn't sound that fun.) Anyhow, they were playing happily and quietly for about half an hour when all of a sudden Alec just starts screaming. I thought he'd hurt himself until I heard Hadyn call out "Mom, Alec's throwing up!!!" Out of nowhereour four year old hadgotten sick all over the couch. My body was actually very calm. It was my mind that started going a mile a minute. You know....What if? Oh no! I can't handle this!....the usual. My husband ended up cleaning our son and the couch up and then we put Alec in bed. The v* continued for the entire night. The poor little guy would just get to sleep when it would happen again. It was really strange though, since he had no other symptoms...no n*, no stomach pain, no fever, no d*. We chalked it up to just a 'stomach bug' of some sort. He slept late that Saturday morning and when he got up he started asking for food. We decided to let him have rice for lunch. He kept that down along with lots of fluids, soup for dinner and even a banana before bed. I thought the worst was over, which I was very thankful for since Jeremy had to be back at work the next day. I was wrong. I was awoken by the sound of his voice saying "Momma, I need to throw up." I hopped up and rushed him to the bathroom. He was right. Again, I put him in bed and the v* started all over again. I was getting worried so I called my husband at work. We both decided it was a good idea to take him to see his doctor. Long story short.....kind of.....he actually ended up having to be admitted to the hospital. After testing his blood and urine, the dr. felt it was a good idea to have him stay overnight and be given fluid by i.v. When they retested him again in the morning it looked like he was having kidney problems. All the fluids weren't helping that much. Anywho, he did finally get released that evening with a clean bill of health and I'm so thankful.