I'm obsessive and paranoid.

I made a banana/peanut butter sandwich about an hour ago. I got a knife out of the silverware drawer and washed it with dish soap before using it. I noticed teeny tiny little smudge marks on them, so I wiped them off with a paper towel. Then I used it to make the sandwich.

While I was making the sandwich, the tip of the knife tapped the counter. For barely a second, but it still touched the counter. The counter appeared to be clean, but who knows.. since I don't know when it was cleaned last. I continued to make the sandwich. I spread on the peanut butter and cut up pieces of banana.

I started eating my delicious sandwich when I started wondering if I hadn't been careful enough with the knife. Was the knife clean enough? What were those little smudge marks? Was wiping them off with a paper towel not good enough to make it safe? Did germs get on the knife after it tapped the counter?

I told myself I was being paranoid and kept eating. Then eventually I stopped because I started feeling obsessive and worried. And that's when I came here.

Ugh. I hate when I'm like this. I just want to eat my sandwich.