Hi, My names Missy and I'm and emet! Oh my goodness, the weight this removes and adds at the same time! I've struggled with this consumption of thoughts and fears for so many years, without knowing why, and feeling completely alone, that now, I don't know if I should feel better knowing what the name of my struggle is, or if I will sink deeper into this phobia because now I know its real. I'm terrified!
Researching this horrible DISEASE, which i believe truly it is, I'm blown away at how exact the symptoms fit me. Looking for nearest restrooms or exits in case i get sick, becoming overwhelmed that you are going to get sick when hearing someone else is ill, vigorously checking dates and freshness of foods, convincing myself that I am going to be sick with the slightest stomach discomfort, and making it worse because I constantly replay previous times (the few times in my life I have been sick) of v****ing. Its exhausting, and I am tired of it!
I've never talked to anyone about it, because i think its silly...what will others think? I tell myself daily that its all in my head...mind over matter...I can overcome this, but the panic is still there.
I do not know what has caused me to become an emet. I have gotten sick very few times in my life. Once in kindergarten, 4th grade, 8th grade and then twice this year...(which is strange). Maybe the cause of this is because I haven't done it very much. It seems foreign, and violent...although I tell myself its a normal body function, I can't shake the fear.
I am so thankful to read all of your posts, and find that I am not alone. I look forward to getting to know all of you and hopefully get better because of the support i'll have here!
Nice to meet you all!