hi everyone,

my name is ari. I'm a 20-year-old woman living in ohio. I've been watching this community for years, but I haven't had the courage to join until just now!

to tell you all a little about myself, I've been an emetophob pretty much my whole life. it's recently gotten particularly bad because I've been coping with some difficult stomach issues. it seems like many of you on this board have the same problems as me: GERD, possible IBS, and lots of n* and d* all the time. I'm immunodeficient and have to have weekly IGG infusions. unfortunately, my IGA levels are also quite low (IGA is responsible for a lot of gastric things), so I've been having issues for much of my life.

aside from all of this, I like to have fun--I love cooking, gardening, crocheting, and music. I am currently a conservatory student. I have a wonderful, supportive boyfriend who helps me through all of my issues, and I am so thankful for him.

as for therapy, I'm currently doing EMDR, but I haven't been able to really begin the actual desensitization yet (it's complicated).

I'm very committed to recovery, and I am so glad I've finally joined this wonderful, supportive network!

much love,

ari