I am going to CBT for about 16 sessions. My therapist said that we are going to start exposing me to vomit. She asked what i find most scary and what i find least scary and to build a hierachy from bottom to top. This is SO hard because i dont really know what scares me most apart from loosing control and actually vomiting! I want to treat my anxiety as i know emetophobia is just a symptom and my anxiety could of latched onto anything. The thing that troubles me is that when i was younger i couldn't watch anyone vomit. I wouldput my fingers in my ears etc. If I saw it on the telly i would be traumatized by it for days... couldn't stop thinking about it.But as i have got old i've kinda exposed myself so much because all my friends have been drunk and sick LOADS that i no longer fear it? Well i don't think i do... i couldn't stand watching someone vomit RIGHT NEXT TO ME but could anyone?

I just don't know what to dooooooooooo
Have i made my phobia worse by exposing myself? or have i made it better? or is my anxiety just hiding

i don't understand
she says she is going to bring in pictures nexct week but surely that is WAY too scary to start with? but i dont find pictures scary.. i dont think

please help
i dont understand