Now I know I have another thread up but i'm curious. Does anyone remember the incident that started their emetophobia, and feel comfortable talking about it? I want to know if it is always triggered by an incident, or if some people just naturally have it.

As a kid I wasn't emetophobic, [I can remember several times getting sick and not being scared beyond the normal levels], but then when I was in kindergarten or first grade[I think the former] I must have eaten something bad in a lunchable [I still avoid them most of the time. I think it was the capri sun, and no longer drink those ever] and felt very n* ALL day. No one believed me and I was not allowed to go home. I just laid in the classroom, trapped and feeling very very s*

The bus ride home was hell, I was certain I was going to v*, even that young. But I didn't want anyone to see it, I didn't want to get in trouble, so I kept fighting it. I'd been fighting it for hours at this point.

I got off the bus at my babysitters, and as soon as I got through the door I v*d I was really really ill and it was very violent and traumatic, with me apologizing and making quite the mess. I was sick several times over the next few hours, and then felt better, but weak. it was very traumatic, my mom wasn't around and at that age that was important. I wasn't at home. And I had to suffer through school. It was just a very negative experience. Even though i've v*d since and when it was over I realized it wasn't so bad, I just can't shake the phobia after that incident.