Ok so last week I made a couple of posts saying how I was nervous of doing my long-haul flight from London to Brisbane because I didn't want to be next to a sick person.

Well, the time finally came that I was! I couldn't believe it. I have done flights between England and Australia 8 times, and never have I been anywhere near a sick person on a flight. Well, I was on an aisle seat and there was a lady on the next aisle but two seats up who was sick. When I first heard her ask the flight attendant for a sick bag, I nearly died. I was like oh f--k. I turned my ipod straight on and turned it up really high and put the heaviest song I had on so that it would drown out any noise she made. My nerves were absolutely shot. My heart was pounding and I was just panicking so badly. I just tried not to look. I'm not sure if she actually vomited while she was in her seat but I know she definitely vomited a few times in the toilets because I heard her telling the flight attendant. I still had 8 hours of flight left to go at this point, and had already endured it for 2 hours, so I was just freaking right out. I ended up asking the flight attendant if I could move seats. Luckily there was a spare, and it was in one of those extra leg room aisles, and the people in the row weren't sick at all.

On the way out, the flight attendant mentioned that there were a lot of people sick on this flight which made me freak out all the more.

I just had to write about it here because I am still freaked out from it. The rest of the trip I was just on edge and waiting for someone else to throw up. Every cough, sneeze, burp, clearing of the throat, etc, I thought was someone about to vomit. It was ridiculous. I couldn't sit back and enjoy any of the in flight movies because of my ridiculous phobia that makes me so irrational. I never want to fly again because of it.

Anyone had a similar experience?