Has anyone here taken antimalarial pills? I'm leaving for Belize in two weeks and I'm really torn about whether or not I should take antimalarial pills. All of them have nausea and v* as side effects, but from what I understand "malarone" is generally thought to have fewer side effects. I don't want to get malaria, and I'll be staying on an island off the coast of Belize (only inhabited by the occupants of a field research station) so theoretically I wont be in contact with mosquitos that have bitten anyone with malaria. This is the main reason I'm considering not getting antimalarial pills, but I just don't know what's riskier.

Also, I think I'm going to get the typhoid vaccine. Nausea and v* aren't listed as possible side effects, has anyone ever gotten this vaccine before?

Lastly, does anyone have recommendations for medication to help with seasickness? I'll take ativan before the plane and boat rides, and I have zofran but I'm not sure if that will help with nausea related to motion sickness.