This post is to keep me from Panicking. I was in Seattle for a week. While i was gone my neighbors husband came down with a virus on Friday night. She sent her son to my house to play with my kids and keep him out of the house while his dad was sick. My husband was home taking care of my kids and he had no idea that the other kid's dad was sick. The boy was at my house ALL day. Then the boys decided to go down to the neighbors house. My son didnt know the guy was sick. When they stepped in the neighbor sent them back out so they didnt catch it. That was Saturday. On Sunday the neighbor was feeling better so he came outside to do some yard work. He came down to my house and spoke with my husband and borrowed some tools. Tonight my hubby came home from work sick. I gave him so antiemetic medication and he has been laying in my bed. He says he feels the same as he did, no better no worse. Last night we were hanging out together in the hot tub and of course we shared kisses before bed. Now i am freaking out knowing that I must be exposed and I have of course since he came home had to go into my bedroom several times. I wont sleep in there with him but is it too late?
What about my kids? He got up this morning with them and made lunch for my middle one. Do i need to worry about them?
I know what I will do, I will go into survival mode and start washing my hands more than i do normally and i will lysol everything and most importantly I will not eat for the next 3 or 4 days until i can be sure that i am either in the clear or I have already gotten sick. Is 3 or 4 days enough or should i wait longer? Is it airborne? Was he contagious when i kissed him?
I am trying not to panic here!
Thanks