Hi, I'm new here, I've had emet since I was about 5 and I'm almost 16 now, but anyway, I have kind of a weird question.

My friend online/penpal has been sick with a stomach bug since yesterday. She started feeling queasy a couple days ago, and finally started v'ng yesterday. Her whole family apparently also had the bug. She has something of mine at her house, and she told me that she'd pack it up and have her mom ship it back to me on Monday. Now, my question is, can the norwalk, or any other stomach virus, be transferred onto or in a surface like a package, and survive for two or three days till it arrives? I'd assume that by the time it's shipped, everyone there would have stopped V'ing and probably would be getting better. Also, can an item that was sitting on a shelf in a room absorb germs, even if it was nowhere near V?

I heard that the norwalk virus can only be transferred through direct contact with V or fecal matter. When my mom had it last year, I ate out of the same dish she was eating out of two days before she got it, and I never got it (and I wasn't around the V or anything that she produced since she got sick at work and was taken to the hospital, where she stayed until she was better).

I really don't want to get sick and I am so scared. V'ing is my number one fear and it consumes me. Thanks in advance for the help. Edited by: cat283