I posted something about this before (my first thread) but got no responses so thought I'd try again.

My symptoms got pretty mild for about 8 years and then have recently came back with a vengeance.

My new corner of the emet market is that I fear cars because, when generally nauseous I tend to feel like I can do many things to ride it out, but when driving, especially on the kind of multi lane road that you have to wait for an exit before you can legally pull over, I feel incredibly stuck. Just sat there trying to drive while the huge dark cloud of panic descends.

Further to this, I am not so bad when I'm by myself. So so with occasional panics when the wife is in the car with me, but with anyone else in the car the panics/nausea are right in my face immediately. This is to the point where I'm having to offend friends and family by telling them (imagine how ridiculous this sounds) I get panic attacks when giving people rides!

So I also wonder about the 'being seen' element. How common is it to have fears associated with being seen or not being able to vom alone (even though I haven't in over 20 years for God sake). I feel like a desperate panic/claustrophobia around being stuck anywhere with people in case I feel ill and they then see me. Ironically, this brings on massive nausea/panic cycles.

Thoughts?