So ive been feeling like crap the past few weeks. Lots of ibs + severe gerd. Last night out of the blue i noticed my heart was beating fast and i felt odd. It went away at midnight but came back overnight into this morning. I ended up in the ER today and my heart rate was really high. I was rushed back and given an IV and a ekg to monitor me. They thought it was heart or lung related. My ekg and extensive bloodwork came back fine. Also my half body ct scan with contrast of my heart and lungs were normal. He did say my white blood count was 1 point above normal but said i could be fighting something off. He thought it might be stress related or from my gi issues and told me to rest and gave me valium to sleep. How can this be panic related when i didnt know i was panicing about anything? I mean i do have stress but this came out of nowhere. The only thing i was worried about was the fast pulse. Im still having it a bit tonight along with reflux and fatigue. Im glad its nothing serious but is this normal? Even with my emet fears ive never experienced this.

Thoughts or ideas? I am going to quit smoking tommorrow since my lungs are still good. I know that can cause fasr heart rate too.