Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Threaded View

Default Is anyone else like this?

I imagine it is quite normal but I'm not sure. I would really love to begin the desensitization process on IES. I have tried to do it before and the actual pictures is what got me. I cannot stand other people vomiting (sound, smell, sight, texture, etc.) because it makes me truly nauseated due to the 'yuck factor' if you will. I also cannot really stand to clean up my cats'/dogs' vomit. I begin gagging. I cannot handle vomit scenes in movies that well (unless it is terribly unrealistic). However, if it is realistic, I cannot do it because I feel the urge to vomit myself. Then it just replays in my head for hours or even days when other non phobics would just let it go and move on. Most emets, at least from what I've read anyway, fear viewing vomit scenes/pictures because it exacerbates their anxiety causing them to think they're going to catch an illness somehow. That's not my issue. I have a relatively weak stomach and I just cannot handle how utterly disgusting it is. I truly want to work in the medical field and I would love to begin this process of desensitizing myself. I just am nervous I will make myself sick in the process :/
    Last edited by DeadxxInside92; 10-28-2012 at 09:40 PM.
    I wanna feel the change consume me,
    Feel the outside turning in.
    I wanna feel the metamorphosis and
    Cleansing I've endured within
    My shadow

Disclaimer: **I try and answer posts to the best of my knowledge but unfortunately, I am not a medical professional so take my advice/recommendations with a grain of salt.