Hello everyone. I just joined today after viewing this site for some time. I always felt so alone when it came to being an emet. I didn't realize so many people had the same problems that I do.

One of the biggest concerns that I have is that I am a very severe emet, and I have a baby on the way. My wife and I are equally as concerned of how this will affect things. It is ruining my life. I got sick february of this year with a sv* and since than, I have been incredibly terrified of v*. It seems like its all I think about. I wonder what the odds are that I will get another sv* this year. I sit and wonder when the next time I will v* will be. Just knowing that it is bound to happen at some point or another freaks me out. I can't even get excited for Christmas because it is the sv* season and I got it last year from my wife's family. It hit everyone.

I just don't know what to do about it and I don't know how I will be able to handle being a father when I know that kids get sick all the time.

Does anyone have any advice for me? Anything you can say that might re-assure me of my fear? Any help would be so much appreciated.

I'm absolutely tired of this controlling my life.