Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Threaded View

Default Constantly feeling n*....

My n* has been absolutely awful in the past week or so and I'm at wits end with it now. It hasn't only been this week, but since August.. It's been on and off for these past 4 months.

There is something that makes my nausea worse. I get this feeling like I need to burp or something. I mean, I can feel it come up but most of the time they just don't feel like burps, if you know what I mean? Sorry if TMI but......... it feels like whatever I've previously ate or drank is coming back up sometimes, but only goes as far as right at the back of my throat (The area slightly above your colar bones). Then other times, it just feels as if I have non-stop wind inside of me but cannot pass it all, if that makes sense. I remember having rice the other day, and literally 5 - 10 minutes or so later (sorry if TMI again...) it felt as if I could feel some rice right at the back of my throat, or that some of it was coming back up. It just makes my nausea worse!

I do not like burping anymore, because I can never tell if it is a burp or not that is coming up. Most of the time, my burps need to be forced quite a lot to pass, and then sometimes I get this horrible v* taste in my mouth.. I have to get a drink straight away afterwards to clear the taste.

People are saying I may have GERD/Acid Reflux, but I'm pretty sure you get the burning sensation with that? When I feel something come up, it doesn't ever burn at all. Although, sometimes I reckon I do have heartburn because I can get a mild like burning sensation in my stomach, my chest or my throat. But it's just that nausea feeling that's annoying me so much, and that feeling of something backing up into the back of my throat as it just convinces me it's v* trying to come up..

I have a question.. if whatever it is that's coming up is v*, surely it wouldn't just stop at the back of my throat? I mean in past experience it was something I couldn't control. I think I would feel a lot better if I found out that it isn't v* that's coming up. But if it isn't then what could it be? I mean surely if it was GERD it would feel burny right? Then again, I've heard some people that get silent reflux..

Anyway, it seems the severity of this nausea is getting worse, and I'm really scared I will v* one of these days. But why? I haven't even got FP* or the SV*..

edit: I also feel more nauseous every time I swallow as well for some reason. My throat also makes gurgling noises whenever I swallow and there's a lump there too.
    Last edited by Rls1994; 12-23-2012 at 12:35 PM.