Haven't been on here in months and thought, what the heck, first time back start another curious question forum.

Now, I must add my emetophobia is merely a mild nuisance now-a-days. I've had it for years...and something else I've had for years were continual dreams about my teeth falling out. I finally searched to see if there were any general thoughts about what those sort of dreams meant and the general explanation was that they usually were for people who were insecure about their looks/afraid of embarrassing themselves in public.

It puzzled me. Like every human being I have those fears/worries as they're natural but...that's just it. They're the same as any normal person's, nothing extreme; but that got me to thinking about the fear of becoming ill.

I realized that I can't stand the thought of getting sick in public; even dry heaving, which I do often now thanks to a medical condition. And I've gotten so well with dry heaving that I do it without a second thought, let it come with no fear.

But in public...no. I can do it at home. I can do it if I'm in a tightly sealed doctor's office. I can do it at another house. But if I'm doing it out around a lot of strangers, that old panic-fear starts to creep up a tad again.

Which leads me to - does anyone else here feel the same? That you'd feel more comfortable having to go through your fear at home or in a much secluded area than being out in a very open space? Do you believe it could be of embarrassment, or is it simply because most of us know that our homes are our comfort zones, especially those with social anxiety topping their fear? Do you just feel more fear than ever if you're outside compared to when you're in a comfy home?

Curious questions, as always. I love to see how fellow emets deal and react with various things.