I'm just curious. I don't have kids of my own, but I have a nephew. My sister brought him to visit only a few days after he had a bad stomach virus. I washed my hands constantly, threw my clothes in the laundry every other day, sprayed my bed with lysol before and after bedtime, took a shower for 30 minutes every night before bed... and I STILL caught the bug. Thankfully, my mom was sick the day before, so I starved myself all night and all the next day, and even though I did V* I only had one session, and it was only a little bile... but still, we got sick. My mom NEVER gets sick... I mean EVER. The last time she V* was around 1995 when she had food poisoning.

So it is curious... are kids generally more contagious when they're sick compared to adults? Cause despite all my best efforts, despite the fact I went 15 years without catching a bug, and my mom never got sick except for a cold or when she had food poisoning almost 20 years ago... we end up getting sick after a 5 day visit... I know my sister is going to get ticked off... but if my nephew gets sick - I'm insisting they stay home for at least 15 days, cause I hear about 14 days later they shouldn't be contagious anymore.

So I'm wondering... are kids just inherently more contagious than adults?