Hy everyone. I'm new here.
So i was just wondering how many of you have been misdiagnosed with other illneses ?
In my teens, I was so scared of v* that when it happend i just stopped eating (in my mind it was like that - i don't eat, i can't v*). So I was hospitalized and i was diagnosed with anorexia, even when i tried to tell my doctors and my psychologist that i don't eat because i am afraid that I will v* again they still just didn't listen and were asking me other questions like: why do i feel like i have to be skinny.. My mom took me out of the hospital after 1 month because she saw that i was getting worse (more depressed every day). I still can't find a doctor in my country that is familiar with emetophobia and i really don't know what to do because i would really like to go to therapy and get better. Just recently i talked to a psychologist who didn't have any clue what emetophobia really is. All the doctors that specialize in emetophobia are too far for me ( I am from Slovenia). I am okay now, i eat normal i just made myself better somehow ( i still don't know how but i did it!)
Did this ever happen to any of you? Were you misdiagnosed with any other diseases that are not even similar to emetophobia? The worst part for me was, that i was telling the doctors all the time why i really don't eat but they still didn't listen.