This is my story....and I hope it puts some things into perspective for all the mom's out here with emet!!!!!

Last night I was putting my 11 yr old to bed....and we were hugging and everything and I started to tell him that I was proud of him and he was growing up and he was such a big boy now going to Middle School and everything...well he then hugs me really tight and starts crying.....and I said...what's wrong sweety...and he says....mommy, i don't want to grow up....and I said why not....he said b/c i don't want to die!!!!!!!!! Imagine me hearing that......and so I said well why are you thinking about dieing? And he said he didn't know.....and he just layed there and cried a little while...and I hugged him and told him that I was there with him and he wasn't going to die for a very very long time and then I would meet him there in heaven.......

And so the point of my story is this: I felt sooooooooooooooooooooooo incredibly selfish for ever trying to avoid him when he is sick....being afraid of him....when this little precious angel of mine was in fear of dieing....I told myself then and there I was going to do better for him...that I was not going to let alittle sv or whatever come between my baby and me....it just struck a nerve in me and really caught my attention to what is really important...and that is to be there for our babies in their time of need...when they are scared and need us......I hope that i can be strong for him and be there for him.......

I hope I have touched some of you here with children....I know it's hard...but we have to find the strength to take care of them...they need us so very much...they are so vulnerable and innocent....ok I am going to cry now...so that's it. Kate