I am so relieved to find this website. I've struggled with the fear to v* for about 20 years and I'm only 35! I haven't been sick for about 28 years so don't know why I'm afraid.

With me I am mortally afraid of the whole v* issue even though I know intellectually that it shouldn't be an issue.

Where it encroaches on my life is where I "won't" take any medication except for birth control, "won't" have any suggested medical tests, "won't" drink or hang out with people or date men who get drunk, "won't" travel outside of 30 minutes from my home and "won't" allow anyone in my home or car that may v*.

I went looking for information on this fear due to the fact my BF was v*ing the day before last and now he wants to come and spend the weekend with me and I know the weekend will be ruined with me worrying that he will v* again.

I am a very intelligent and caring person but when it comes to being sick and others being sick I become thisstupid and callousperson who would rather see them being sick on the street than anywhere near me.

Is there anyone here that feels the same way? How do you cope with loved ones when they are sick?

Thanks in Advance