Hi!

I know I was stupid not to realise the ketchup was fermenting because there's pressure building up in the bottle. (not sure if fermented is the right word but I think you get the idea).I've actually eaten it twice in the last two days. Yesterday when I opened the top some of the ketcup came pouring out with the bottle standing up and without me squeezing it. Today there was pressure coming out of it when I opened it. How likely is it that I'll get sick from this? I am feeling sick right now and I don't think it's because I know I ate the ketchup. But it could be other mental stuff because out cat was put to sleep yesterday and I've been totally upset about it. I've been trying not to cry about it too much anymore because it brings on agony so maybe this sick feeling is just suppressed feelings I don't know. But I am in panic mode already.

Could somebody please tell me ifyou think I'm safe and soon if you can cause it's 1am here and I don't know how long I'll be awake if I can go to sleep. I read on-line thatfermented foods can cause botulism and I read about the symptoms of that which, of course, include nausea and vomiting. Itsaid the symptomsstart 8 to (maybe) 36 hours after eating the contaminated food. Don't remember anymore but 8 hours was the lower time limit. It's now been a few hours since I ate. Anyway I hope somebody canrespond to me.

Tiina

Ps. We don't keep ketchup in the fridge although I know you should. Edited by: tiina