I am feeling stupid about feeling anxious about flying this week. I've been given a fantastic opportunity to go to Hong Kong for a week for work. I really am so lucky! Managed to get a cheap flight and will hopefully be able to do some field work on my research, as well as do some shopping and see relatives!

I generally don't have a problem with flying, I've done it so many times and never had any serious problems, just occasional episodes of random anxiety if it's been very turbulent. Obviously at times I've been wary of other people possibly vomiting, but even when someone did (ALL OVER THEMSELVES, quite horrendous) I coped and it was fine.

My problem is that I have never flown on my own before. I am anxious of being anxious! Stupid isn't it? I worry that if I get anxious, I wont have anyone's hand to hold! It's a long flight too (12 hours)... lots of time to get through. I hope I'm not sitting next to anyone annoying too. Anyway... I haven't got much time to keep worrying about it (going in a day's time)... and I am just praying that it will be OK.