Hey

I went to my doctor last week to tell her I'd had enough. I swear I have tried every antidepressant/antianxiety pill on the market. None of them have done their job, I still get panic attacks, anxiety attacks, and excessive worry. The last one I was on was Remeron - if anyone is looking to GAIN weight, take it. It was horrible.

So she put me on Effexor. So far I've been taking it and experiencing NO appetite, and I've been so nauseous that I was sure I would throw up. Not a whole lot of anxiety attached to that nausea though which was odd. Just that groaning sensation and that "ugh I hate this". Weird. Anyway I was wondering if anyone on here is currently taking it and how is it working for you? I am so discouraged with this phobia. I asked her if anti-anxiety pills were even effective for phobias - I told her all my anxiety spawns from this phobia so I have a hard time believing any pill will help. But she said that it redirects the obsessive thinking patterns. I dunno.

Any thoughts? Also, if anyone has experienced these nauseating side effects- how long does it last anyway??

Thanks!

Lisa