Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I'm actually feeling pretty good today. I've had some cramping and lots of Braxton Hicks contractions so I'm hoping that this means the baby will soon arrive! I am 37 weeks and 2 days today - so it is now safe for him to come!

Thanks for the reassurance madisonsmom!

Happy that you are feeling better. Maybe you and your husband did have a little something ut it seems whatever it was has passed, maybe it was even something you both ate. How is your husband feeling today? Has your baby dropped at all, and is this your 1st child? Kim

Night time just sucks because that's when I start feeling crappy again. I haven't eaten since lunch time and I have absolutely no appetite lately because everything gives me acid reflux and heartburn. I'm starting to think that I'm going to end up v*ing while I'm in labor because of the reflux, it's horrible.

So now I'm not so convinced that this episode isn't an sv* because a friend of mine just told me that several parents at her daycare have had it and some ended up in the hospital. My bowels are getting looser too which makes me wonder. I just can't imagine having an sv* without stomach cramps - especially since I've had this for about 3 days now. I'm happy as long as I don't have to deal with feeling n* or v*ing but I just wish I would have this baby so my body can get back to normal.

Sorry for venting for the past few days about this and going on and on about it, but it makes me feel a bit better.

Sorry you are feeling like poop. Your baby is coming soon. I don't think it's an sv. I don't know anything about pregnancies, but if you are due soon then your body probably is getting ready. Just relax. You'll be fine.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    xoxo Mel xoxo

If you love something,
    set if free,
    If it comes back to you,
    it is yours.
    If it does not,
    it was
    never meant to be.

This is SO exciting. Please keep us posted!! Even *if* it was...your over it so dont stress over it now. Focus on what is about to happen to you...[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img][img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img][img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

I have 10 weeks left[img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img] I am crappy today with the baby in my ribs...UGH!

Quote Originally Posted by aar13

Thanks Californiagirl - tell me this, was it still a week or so prior to your labor or was it more like a few days? Just wondering how soon I may go into labor, that's all.

It was actually a few days before labor.

YAY----how exciting!!!!!!!!
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Im sure you wont v during labor. I had heartburn/acid reflux BAD from about 4 months on in my 1st pregnancy. My head wouldn't be on the pillow 10 seconds at night and the heartburn would come with a vengeance...every night. I will be honest with you, I had 1 wave of n* just before I delivered and that was it. I'm sure you'll be fine. Do like I did before my son was born, I had heartburn with him but not half as bad. The last month I ate very light meals, no spicey stuff, take out etc., and the moment you start labor, eat nothing, this will help a lot. Kim

You're still having losse stool today? Kim

well when i went in to labor i had the most loosest stools it was bad also this was with my 2nd baby also he came on the 1st of october and not on the 17 th when he was suppost to so dont worry honey and you should see a doctor soon u need to be checked

You know, when I was in labor with my middle child I had no drugs, and the pain was so intense I had that gaggy feeling in the back of my throat and I actually thought, "if I throw up right now I won't even care." So, don't worry about that, v'ing in labor I think would actually be like some kind of pain release. My best friend had a baby 9 days before I had Aidan last year, and she v'ed like every 10-15 minutes (and yes, I would scream and run out of the room while she was doing it) and she got MAD when they gave her antiemetic because she said it WAS relief andit made the pressure and pain not so bad!

As for pooping on the table, I made it through 3 deliveries and never pooped. My mom made it through 4, but most of my friends have done it!! It's just another one of those things that it's all so intense, who really cares? The doctors have seen it all!

I was induced with both of my boys and found that once I had dilated past 3cm my bowel movements were very loose and rather disgusting. I think we could all confidently say that it is not an sv, it is just your body preparing yourself for birth. As for 'something else' being delivered during labour, I don't really think it could be possible with all of what's happening with your bowels at the moment if you get what I mean..... how could there be anything left...lol

Good luck!!!

I still have loose bowels today and lastnight I finally decided to make a phone call to the doc to see if it was OK for me to take something. (they seemed to be getting looser) He said that "he doesn't think it's the onset of labor and that if it continues by tomorrow morning (Monday) that I should come in to have my stool checked incase it's parasites or something. YUCK! So now I'm a little anxious about it.

EVERYthing I've read about signs of labor includes diarrhea and it says anywhere between a few hours to several days before labor begins. But my husband said he has had the same symptoms as me most of the week too, so maybe it's an sv*. I don't know. All I know is that I hope it goes away and they don't have to check me for a parasite.

Hey Alissa:

I would go into the doctor in case you have parasites. If your husband doesn't feel well either, maybe that's what it is. It's better to get checked, u know? If that's what it is, u want to get it treated. My mom had something like that and got it treated with antibiotics. You'll be fine. You've been having d* and loose stools for days now. I think you would have v* by now. You don't want it to get worse, do you? I know it sucks, but I think it's better to get it checked. It could have been something you both ate. PM if you want.
    xoxo Mel xoxo

If you love something,
    set if free,
    If it comes back to you,
    it is yours.
    If it does not,
    it was
    never meant to be.

You never what it is. I would do what your doctor says.

About the reflux...do you take anything for it? I have it REALLY bad at night too. I take Zantac and Maalox Max as needed.

My husband has returned to feeling ok and his bowel movements are also back to normal - the thinks he started to feel that way on Tuesday and then yesterday he felt better. I started like that I think on Wednesday and it's getting getter now today. I didn't eat anything the same as my husband this week though, that's the only thing. I have had such acid reflux and heartburn that I haven't been eating much dinner so that I don't feel sick and there one only one night that I ate the same as him.

madisonsmom - I had been taking Pepcid but it didn't help much so then I started taking either Pepto or Mylanta. I didn't know I could take Zantac or else I would have tried that.

Is your husband still having loose stool also? Kim

this is exciting!I hope its your bundle of joy making his/her appearance!
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

My husband is back to normal and I am pretty much too. I've only gone twice today and it wasn't as bad as it was yesterday so I guess that's a good sign. Maybe it was just a touch of some type of sv*, who knows. But my daughter came home from the weekend at her dad's and she had complained of a belly ache shortly after she got home. She ate dinner and said it doesn't hurt anymore, but of course now I'm in a total panic and worrying that she is going to v* or have d* or worse yet, both. I don't think I can handle the stress of that right now so I'm praying she will be OK.

Oh I know how you feel. I hate it when my kids panic about tummy aches...right away i think the worst. Maybe she was just hungry...and since she ate she feels better. Sometimes when my tummy is really hungry..I get gut rot, which kinda really makes you feel sick. Keep us posted on you and your daughter!

I'm ok now....haven't had any bowel movements since yesterday morning so I think I'm ok. I was up almost every hour lastnight with some cramping in my lower stomach (like menstrual cramps) and also back pain which made me kept thinking maybe this is it. But I got up this morning and not too much is going on. I just wish I'd have this baby already.

My daughter made it throught the night ok and she was feeling fine this morning too so maybe she was just hungry or something! Thanks everyone for your support. I'll keep you posted as to what's going on with this baby.

Good morning baby! That baby is so ready to make it's appearance! I am so excited for you. It is coming soon I can feel it in my bones!!! Good luck, and totally keep us updated!! We need the happiness and joy around here sometimes!!!!!! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Crystal
    That, which does not kill us, makes us stronger!

Hi crystalmom!

I am hoping too that this baby is going to be here VERY soon . . . I feel like this week some time will be the BIG day. I have a wedding to go to this weekend that my daughter is the flower girl and then on Sunday I have a bridal shower. Next weekend I have a baby shower and the following weekend is my daughter's 6th birthday and my brother's wedding. No time is really convenient but I'm hoping he comes this week so that I will be recovered enough to go to my brother's wedding and celebrate my daughter's birthday!!!

I will def. keep you updated - keep your fingers crossed that it happens soon!

Hi aar. In my experience, I had loose stools the day I gave birth. I was constipated my whole pregnancy and the day I gave birth I was in the bathroom. Not runny stools though. I would say your body may very well be preparing for the birth of the baby. Nature works this way. Asa matter of fact, everyone that I have ever talked to said theyhad gone to the bathroom a lot beofre their labor began. Good luck:O)
    Whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus.- Colossians 3:17

Hey aar,

Babies NEVER come when it's convient...[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img].

Crystal
    That, which does not kill us, makes us stronger!

Just to keep you all updated that have been following this whole post - I called the doctor yesterday because I was getting very lightheaded and the OB nurse made me go over to the hospital to make sure everything is OK. The diarrhea is gone so that's good, but the doctor thinks it was a touch of a stomach bug. Anyway, since I was feeling lightheaded and off balance they checked my urine, my blood sugar, and did a full work up of blood tests and everything was fine. The conclusion - a sinus infection and allergies combined is what is making me feel like that.

UGH! Let's hope that Baby Blake comes soon!

Glad you've had a clean bill of health! Hope he comes soon for you!

Good luck and keep us all informed!

Glad you are feeling better, I'm hoping for you that your baby comes soon!!![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks everyone! I'm really glad that all of the tests came back ok and now I just have to WAIT. The waiting is what's really killing me though! [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img] Hopefully soon!

I'm gladyour body is settling down a bit now. Sounds like a very exciting time for you. Best of luck with your labour (love the name Blake [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]) x Edited by: chloe
    <font face=\"Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Reach for the moon - even if you miss you\'ll be amongst the stars...</font>

Thanks Chloe! I'm glad you like the name. My favorite name is Drew Michael but my husband doesn't like it so we decided on Blake Allen instead.