Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hi Everyone, I have been reading so much on this site about constipation, IBS, etc and now just saw an infomercial about colon cleansing and how it is supposed to make you feel wonderful by cleaning out all the fermented junk, etc. that has built up.....But being an emet, I wonder what the side effects are...I always feel sort of full, constipated, sluggish,etc. Does anyone know or have tried these cleansers? My gastro doc doesn't believe in any of that....What to do???</font>

Are you talking about the kind where they stick a hose up in there and flush it out? I have heard that it can push bacteria further up the gi tract.
    I think there are a lot of good foods and supplements that can be good for a gentler cleanse. My mil uses flax seed, and loves it.

Funny that, I was thinking today about posting on the topic of Colonic Irrigation..

I have been dying to get it done, my colon and abdomen area feels SO uncomfortable most of the time, i'm willing to try anything to try and clean it out and 'fix it'.

A lot of celebs seem to get it done, and i'm sure it can do a lot of good.. but i'm a bit less keen now that i've heard it can push bacteria further up the GI tract. DAMN. [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Don\'t regret the things you have done - regret those that you haven\'t!

I don't know if that is true, just what I've heard. A lot of people think it's great, tho. Might be worth doing some research.

I'm tempted too, I always feel like I need a good clear out!