Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

***GRAPHIC!!***

Oh My Gosh!!!!!! My daughter and I went to Discount Tire this morning to have our tire repaired (I ran over a nail), and we were sitting inside, next to 2 little boys. Well, suddenly, one of them got up, and proceeded to V* into his hands, and it was flowing out of his hands onto the floor!!!!! He did this while walking outside, and left a "trail" of V* about 10 feet long!!!!!! Then he went to the trash can outside, emptied his hands into it, and wiped them on his clothes!!!!!!! EEWWWWW!!!!!! OK, so he decided to start the V*-ing RIGHT IN FRONT OF US, about 1 foot away from our feet and my daughter's backpack that was on the floor! I don't think it splattered onto us, I didn't see or feel anything, plus it came out of his cupped hands, so didn't splatter much. To make matters worse, he touched the door handle with his V*--hands!!!!!!!!! My daughter and I got up, and walked around IT to the counter, and out the other door. THEN we saw people going in and out of the shop, and stepping right into it! The employees were touching the door handle too, and walking through IT!!! I decided were were gonna go get my key and leave---I didn't want an employee with V* shoes and V* hands even walking near my car, let alone drive it into the shop!!!! So, we left, wnet home, put all of our clothes into the washer, even the backpack and shoes, took showers, took some AIRBORNE and went to a different Discount Tire a few miles away!

The really weird thing is, I KNEW this was gonna happen today !!!!!!!!!

My question: Do you think we can catch it, since the "fresh" V* was only about a foot away from us???? I am extremely traumatized and terrified by this, and now it'll take WEEKS for the image to leave my mind!!!! My daughter was pretty freaked out as well. PLEASE HELP..................Edited by: californiagirl
    ~*~Charlene~*~

OMG!! I am so sorry! I don't know the answer to your question, but I'm guessing since you all washed up and left quick, you should be fine.

I think you took the proper precautions, so I think you will be fine. Plus, you don't know what made him v* in the first place. Maybe he had a reaction to medication or ate too much junk food or something that isn't even contagious. Try and relax - I think you will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by sillygirl
    I think you took the proper precautions, so I think you will be fine. Plus, you don't know what made him v* in the first place. Maybe he had a reaction to medication or ate too much junk food or something that isn't even contagious. Try and relax - I think you will be fine.

That was exactly what I was thinking... You really don't know why he got sick. Just do your best to relax. I would call the manager at the tire store and ask them why they didn't clean up the place immediately after it happened though.
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Oh

My

God.

I would have died. I can't imagine being in that situation, but I think you did the right thing. Hopefully the others are right and it was from an overindulgence. The dad seemed to have reacted calmly, so maybe this kid is just a puker and he's used to it. Try (impossible, I know) really hard not to let yourself worry about it.

Man, how does your daughter react to these kinds of situations. (don't worry, i am not of the belief that emet moms pass on the emet gene... lol!) I am just curious as she is just a few years older than mine.
    \"This too shall pass\"

In that close proximity, I would think that yes it could be air borne and
    you could get it. But that is even IF it is anything you could catch. You
    will never know why he v*, he could of eaten too much candy or anything.

Reading that just made my stomach roll and roll.. I think that if that happened to me i would have been sick and scared just like you.. I think that you leaving in time would keep you from catching anything though.. I know its the worst thing to see, but if you worry about it you will get sick from worry.. Just try not to think of it, even though its going to be hard not to think of that.. I hope that you dont get sick!!!

I am so sorry you had to exprience that. That is absoultly horrible. Just try to remain positive. You took the proper precautions and that is all you can do. I think your chances of really catching anything are very slim. You had no real physical contact with the kid, and I don't think you were close enough to catch any droplets that may have been airborne. The best thing you can do is try and relax and let the next couple of days go by without trying to think about it to much. I know that is easier said than done, and I am sure that vison is forever imprinted in your mind, but its over, so try to not keep thinking about it. All I can say is that is very scary and very tramatizing and I am so sorry that you had to experience that. I hope you are feeling better, let us know....

Michele

Thank you so much everyone!!! I really am trying to relax, but it's kinda hard, as it was sooooo gross!! I HOPE beyond hope that neither my daughter or I get sick!

SHIVA~~She's 15, and she was really grossed out. When I told her I wanted to leave, I thought she'd tell me I was being ridiculous (like she would if I just THOUGHT someone was sick), but after seeing that, she wanted to leave too. She was all for going home and showering. I HOPE she's not emet, but I do want her to take precautions so she doesn't get sick. EEWWW--it was just awful!!
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Quote Originally Posted by californiagirl

Do you think we can catch it, since the "fresh" V* was only about a foot away from us????

Yes, it is possible, but it isn't that likely he had something contagious, is it? You did the right thing to get out of there and away from the puke as quickly as you did. If it had been something contagious like Norwalk, you would have been at greater risk if you had breathed it longer.

Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm so sorry that happened to you. That sounds so gross. I don't think you'll catch anything from him. It's good that u left right away. I'm sure you'll be fine. Plus, u washed everything when u got home. EWWW. I feel so bad for you. I haven't seen someone vomit in a long time. I'm just been in close proximity to someone (hubby) when he had the sv or fp. I couldn't see him or hear him, but knew what he was doing. Yuck. I know he couldn't help it though. Try to relax. I'm sure you two will be fine.
    xoxo Mel xoxo

If you love something,
    set if free,
    If it comes back to you,
    it is yours.
    If it does not,
    it was
    never meant to be.

OMG, that is absolutetly horrible!! I would have flippin' died! Sorry you had to see that. You don't know what it was that made him sick. He probably eat something that upset his stomach. I don't think a parent would bringtheir sick kid to a tire store. You did the right thing by cleaning up when you go home.

I say well done for remaining calm and getting out of the store asap.

I cant imagine being there when that happened, I think my heart would have packed up thru shock.

Im sure you will be fine as you didnt hang around. Fingers crossed for you and your daughter.

Laney xxx

[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]That is gross, that happened to me & my family last year we were all at one of my prenatal appts and they had a kids' movie on in the waiting room and the little boy beside Logan burped a nasty gagging sounding burp so I made her move over. Well, he leaned his head over and barfed a little bit RIGHT BESIDE HER!!! THen he told his mom he was sick and I GOT MY KIDS AND RAN BACK TO THE DOCTOR'S AREA right as he hurled ALL OVER THE PLACE!!!!!!!!!!! I missed the rest of it by seconds. I made the nurses spray Lysol on the girls' coats and shoes and clothes, I made them scrub their hands and put hand sanitizer on, and wouldn't let them wear their coats that were in between the boy and Logan. It was raining and cold and I was mean and made them go outside with no coats on!! Luckily my girls didn't catch anything. It freaked me out fora long time after that, though, so I know exactly how you feel!!

Yikes, nothing quite like the shock of something like that happening. Ugh. Its horrible because it just sticks in your mind forever. I remember something very similar happening in 4th grade and I was just like stunned. Man the kid must have felt awful. I am sorry you had to witness this, and sorry for the poor kid.

Thank you guys soooooooooooooo much for your support!! Everything's still OK here--my stomach is in knots, but that could be from nerves!! My daughter is fine--she's eating potato chips right now even. We took some AIRBORNE agasin today, and will tomorrow, then we should be in the clear, don't you think? Do you think, if we were to get it, we would have by now, since we were so closely exposed??
    ~*~Charlene~*~

OMG!!!!! That is sooooo disgusting!! How old was the child that v*? Hopefully is was not something that is contagious. What did the parents of that child do??? I would've left too...that is GROSS!! Let us know if you get sick. I believe that if you were there, if the child is sick, sick, you might get sick. Keep us posted

Omg I would have just died!!! How awful for you. For me it wouldn't be the worry of possibly catching something but the sheer horror of seeing it happen and keep reliving it in my mind. I swear I remember every single episode of seeing somebody v* from the first time it happened when I was four.

I think you will be absolutely fine. I'm sure if you had caught something from this boy it would have reared it's ugly head by now.
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

[img]smileys/smilies_03.gif[/img]Oh you poor thing for having to witness something like that!!!!!!!!!!!! I know i would have done the exact same thing...got my stuff and my kids and left asap!!!!! I know that it would have probably ruined my whole day too...i would have had to go home and stay in the house for the rest of the day!!!! Bless your heart for staying that calm and taking care of the situation and just leaving.....wow....i hope that you and your daughter will be fine and not catch it....IF it was a sv....hopefully it wasn't. Let us know how you are!!!!!!!!!!
    Kate

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

Oh God, I too am all nervous and feeling sick just thinking about it and donna's doctor office story. YUCKY!!! I doubt you guys will catch anyhting Charlene. I have been around people barfing several times and I have never caught anything from it.
    \"Napoleon, you\'re just jealous because I\'ve been talking to babes online all day.\" ~ Kip

Wow, Charlene, I'm so sorry you had to go through that. I think you handled it well, and don't worry about your daughter, she probably isn't an emet, she just wanted to be clean. I'm sure you guys are going to be ok. Keep us posted.
    <a href=\"
    src=\"http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10731;130/st/2 0070423/e/My+Caribbean+Cruise/k/3909/event.png\"></a&gt ; ; ;

ew ew ew that is horrible. congratulations for staying calm & getting yourself out of that situation!

any workplace that would allow that exposure should be shutdown - at my job & most other places, v* is considered a "bodily fluid" & therefore is labeled a biohazard. they should have closed that section right off & started cleaning it immediately.

you did good - & i wouldn't worry about your daughter, it sounds like she was just grossed out.

~ bethany

\"what\'s meant to be will always find a way\"

::there is no way to peace
    eace is the way::

You all are sweethearts!!

Your support has helped me get through these last 2 days!!

We're still fine and dandy!

The boy was probably about 8 or 9 years old, and he could've been sick for any reason. Kids V* alot, for alot of reasons, so HOPEFULLY it wasn't an SV. I was just thinking, that I'm SOOOOOOOOOO glad I didn't put my purse on the floor before he V*, because it's kinda big, and I had it on my lap (thought about putting it down), but I'm a little hesitant of floors anyways, so I kept it on my lap. I LOVE this purse, and would've been PISSED if V* got on it!!

Do you think we're in the clear, now that it's about 50 hours later??
    ~*~Charlene~*~

what a nightmare! You poor things >.< You took the right precautions though, I think you guys will be totally fine! *sending lotsa germ free hugs*

Yes, i think you are in the clear. Like I said, I don't think being around a vomiting person for 30 seconds would be enough to catch anything [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]
    \"Napoleon, you\'re just jealous because I\'ve been talking to babes online all day.\" ~ Kip

you did exactly what anyone would do, and I'm sure your daughter
    was just grossed out, who wouldn't be. I'm almost positive you're
    fine, so just relax..and I'm sure you'll be fine. I looove your icon
    and I'm happy that you feel better.
    stay strong!

Charlene: I think you and your daughter are fine. No need to worry. Hey - PM me when you get a chance.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    xoxo Mel xoxo

If you love something,
    set if free,
    If it comes back to you,
    it is yours.
    If it does not,
    it was
    never meant to be.

WOW! THat sort of thing happened to me while I was on a bus to Banff from Calgary. A little kid v*** on the floor in the front of the bus, then walked right past me with it on his shirt. SOOOOO nasty. EVeryone was saying "EWWW gross", etc. I started thinking that although it was very traumatic for me, because I am an emet, it may be what turns this kid into an emet. He got sick - he couldn't help it and people could not get away from him fast enough. I felt really bad for him. His dad was great, but I still think that maybe that experience would be enough to make him scared of it. That sort of rejection sure fueled my emet as a child.

Anyway, I'm glad you are both still well. I'm sure you'll be fine. Most kids get sick for no real good reason.

I am cracking up by Donna's remarks. "I was so mean." Too funny. I would have done the same thing. Can you imagine what you looked like carrying the kids' coats, while they walked without them on in the rain?

If the child is in the the pediatrician's office and gets sick, you can assume it is a SV. However, at the car shop it could have been for a whole host of reasons.

In either event, taking all the precautions necessary is a good bet.

Stella.

Aww. Thats awful. I'm sure you guys will be fine. You took all the precautions and did the right thing. I would have bolted so fast out of there...
    Whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus.- Colossians 3:17