Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hello all!! I have a question...first off, as some of you may already know, I have gotten over my emet, but I figured that asking this question to emets would give me a better response because you all know alot about digestive disturbances, so here goes...

My husband is diabetic and yesterday and a few days before he complained that he has burps that tasted like rotten eggs/sulfur. I figured it may benew meds he got put on, (plavix, lipitor, and altace)but I doubt it because the drugs he is on do not contain sulfa. Also, he didn't eat anything that different, or anything that would smell that way.

Anyways, I guess my concern is about his liver. I have read and heard in the past that something could be wrong with his liver if you have these kinds of burps. You see, my husband isn't very healthy, and he has just undergone a heart procedure (arteries were 99% blocked), and was also diagnosed with high blood pressure, VERY high cholesterol, and out-of-control blood sugars. I would hate to think he has another problem.

Does anyone know the details about these "eggy" burps? Thanks, Charlotte
    Spring is here!

bump
    Spring is here!

I have had these sufur burps, but not sure what they are. How long have you been recovered from your emet? How did you do it?

Quote Originally Posted by halfoverthefur
    I have had these sufur burps, but not sure what they are. How long have you been recovered from your emet? How did you do it?

I have been officially "recovered" since around December of 2005. It wasn't until January 30th that I had gotten a stomach bug, and didn't let it get the best of me. Don't get me wrong, I had (and still do) therapy every week, alot of self talk (rationalization), and being a psychology major has given me some extra pointers.

I really, really wanted to get over emet; so badly that I was willing to expose myself to my sick kids, and force myself to live life as a non-emet by sort of "fooling" my brain.

There were so many things that have contributed to my recovery, and I couldn't possibly list them all in one post. Hope I have helped you some.... [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

Charlotte
    Spring is here!