Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

He was complaining about his stomach hurting yesterday around dinner time, but I attributed it to the fact that he ate a hot dog for lunch from the stand at work. Those always give him stomach problems. By the time we went to bed he said he was feeling better, and about 1:30 this morning I thought I heard someone go into the bathroom but I was so tired and out of it I didn't even check to see if he was still in bad with me. It wasn't until I heard him get up again, a few minutes later. I asked him where he was going and he said "back to the bathroom." He didn't get up again after that, and I aske dhim if he v*d and he said no, just d*. This morning when we got up for work he said he still wasn't feeling great, that his stomach was still rumbling, but he ate a yogurt and drank a glass of juice so hopefully he isn't too sick. I really hope that whatever is wrong with him is food related and not a sv. I am so tired - I had a hard time sleeping afterwards and could barely get out of bed this morning. I feel like I could fall asleep at my desk at any moment.

When I heard him get up the second time, I turned on the fan in our room 1) to drown out any noise I might hear and 2) because it was extremely hot. Now I am worried that the fan was circulating any germs and may have increased my chances of catching it. What do you think? Is this crazy?

I just got a text message from him and he isn't feeling any better. He is stuck at training and has had d* 2 more times. I'm thinking it is probably more than the hot dog . . .

hasn't he had stomach problems a lot lately?? If so, he might have a condition that needs to be checked out...
    ~Mandi~

It's impossible to get this boy to the doctor! He has an ulcer - or at least the start of one. We know that and he has a precription for Prevacid which he takes when he feels really bad. He does tend to get a lot of the lower stomach issues too, but doctors tend to immediately jump to the IBS conclusion because he is so young. I have IBS and I know how miserable it is. That could be all he is experiencing right now. I know he is really stressed about our living situation and probably getting nervous about the baby coming soon. If it doesn't get better soon, though, I will make him go to the doctor again and demand every test possible to be run to figure out what this is.

yeah, I think that is a good idea. If it keeps on get him to a doctor. He could have a mild form of Chrone's (sp?) disease or IBS.......or it just could be the ulcer or the foods that he eats....but make him get it checked out if it worsens....i definitely don't think it is SV, so you shouldn't worry about that....
    ~Mandi~

I really hope it isn't a sv. I haven't talked to him since 7:30 this morning, other than text messages, so I'm not sure if he has v* since his text message or how bad he really feels. Usually, I can tell by looking at him or just by the sound of his voice how bad he feels. He looked and sounded okay this morning, just really tired from not sleeping well.

He has so many stomach problems - I can't believe that me, an emet, married him! No, really, other than him having so many stomach probelms he is a great guy and is really understanding about my emet. I just hope our little girl doesn't end up with the same problems. I may go crazy!

Sillygirl...you will not go crazy I am sorry your hubby is sick again though...that sucks....but i know what you mean by telling in someone's voice if they are really sick or not. I can usually judge my husband the same way. And he is very good at being semi sick and still carrying as normal...which frustrates me.....b/c when i feel bad, the whole world stops for me...usually. Sometimes i wonder how my husband does it.....oh well, anyway i hope he will be fine.....keep us posted...and don't you worry yourself to death over this...he's going to be fine...and so will you.
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

I talked to him, but he was so busy laughing at what my dogs did that I couldn't really tell by his voice. I think he sounded okay. He had a training session at work and they catered in sandwiches for lunch. He said he wasn't that hungry but he ate a little bit, then he complained about dripping mustard on his shirt and looking like a slob. I think he is probably okay.

And, in case you were wondering, I have two labs. We are staying at my mom's house right now until ours is built and she sin't used to having dogs around. She is going camping for the weekend with her boyfriend and decided to cook a ham to take with them. Well, she cooked it and pulled it out of the oven to cool, leaving it on the kitchen counter - easily within my dogs reach. You can guess what happened. Now I am going to have two really sick dogs tonight!

lol, sick dogs are better than sick husbands!! Seriously though, if he was laughing and eating then I'm sure he's ok............I hope the rest of the day goes better for you!
    ~Mandi~

Oh man, that is such a lab thing to do!! My lab came running down the street on Thanksgiving one year with someone's cooked turkey in his mouth!!! I guess it was out to cool or something.

Sillygirl, you should go read the topic from Sage about Alvin's Q and A. I think it would ease your fears a LOT about transmitting SVs.
    \"Napoleon, you\'re just jealous because I\'ve been talking to babes online all day.\" ~ Kip

Sick dogs don't bother me that much. I just feel really bad. I think I might stop at the store and buy a new ham and cook it for her tonight after work. They are leaving tomorrow morning, but she has to work from 3-10 tonight. She should know better though! You can't leave meat unsupervised like that in front of a couple of dogs!

I just talked to him again and he is still not doing very well. He said he keeps having d*. He must think it is a virus because he told me to stay away from him so I don't get it. He still has not v*d, but he hasn't eaten much either. Now I am getting worried again. He told me that yesterday at work he was in the receiving area and it smelled like v* - kind of near the employee restrooms. He never actually went in the restrooms, but who knows what germs may have travelled from them. I wonder if he caught something from that? He sounded really miserable. I can tell he isin a lot of pain from the cramping and churning. He actually had to get off the phone with me to go again. He said hecan't imagine what he has left in him, but he still keeps having to go. We are supposed to go up to his parents his parent's house this weekend. It's about an hour and a half drive away. I hope I don't get it! Especially over the weekend when we are driving and there are no restrooms!