Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

My mum had come to visit, and we'd just had dinner. Afterwards, the boys went back to playing with their toys, while my mum and I tidied up. My two-year-old was lying on his back, when he started to cough and choke. I ran in to sit him up and before I could, he began to v*. (graphic) And there were gallons of it - it was like a fountain. It happened so fast,I didn't even have time to panic.

I stripped him and ran a bath for him while my mum dealt with the v*. She shouted "you'd better come and see this!" Welll, if she was inviting me to look at v*, I knew it must be serious. And in the middle of this pile of v*, there was a 5p coin!

It completely freaks me out to think he could have choked. I am so vigilant when it comes to things that little kids can put in their mouths. My partner dropped some coins this afternoon, but thought he'd got them all. I still can't get over the fact that on this occasion, the v*ing was a good thing! It flushed that coin right out of him!

I feel very n* now, but I know that's just a delayed reaction to the fright. My partner is still at work, and won't be back till 2am. I'm sipping ginger tea and trying to stay calm. I was ok at the time, but now I feel very weepy. My son is fine and sleeping peacefully. Wish it was me. Thanks for reading!

It's a delayed reaction, just shock, try and relax, or have a good cry if it helps. Look, you coped really well and everything worked out ok. Try and focus on the positive side of this v* episode, that might actually help.

Hope you feel better soon, go try not to worry though, you'll be just fine.

Wow--you and your Mom handled the situation very well. Good job! I'm so glad that your son is OK---it could have been so much worse!
    ~*~Charlene~*~

I'm so glad your son is okay! I hope your night is peaceful, and you manage to get some much-deserved rest.

Hi Daffodil, that sounds awful, but you coped so well with it. I hope your son is feeling well this morning. Young children will put anything in their mouths.

Take care and give yourself a pat on the back for being so brave. M x

I had exactly the same thing a few weeks back.... only Amy still hasn't 'passed' the 1p coin! [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]Its still in there somewhere...

She said, 'Ooh look daddy' & put the coin in her mouth, he panicked & she swallowed it back, started to choke & vomit.. *lots of it*but was fine after that. I had her to the doctors *as the sv we all had coincided with her swallowing the penny* & the doc said she should passthe coinin a few days. It's been 3 weeks & still no money in the nappy [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]

Daffodil - if your son didn't swallow it he'll be absolutely fine.. the v* was just a reaction to the coin in his throat.... Hope you're feeling more relaxed now.. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

I am glad your son is okay now. I hope you are alright. It must have been a real shock and its no wonder you felt so bad afterwards. Well done for coping so well.

Good job! That IS the one time it was a blessing for him to v*. Poor little guy - he probably wondered what the heck was going on! You should be very proud of how you handled the whole thing.

Thank you everybody for your replies. The little guy is fine today, as I knew he would be! Suze - I had that cry, felt better and slept like a log. Sneezy - maybe Amy got rid of that penny without you noticing? If not, I hope it reappears soon! And everyone else - your good wishes & support helped a lot! Thank you all again.

He has a great gag reflex and thats a wonderful thing!! I am glad he is ok!

Thanks, madisonsmom. Yes, he's always had a great gag reflex! Every time he has a cold, or food goes down the wrong way, it's always cough, gag, v*. Not much fun for me, but you're right, it's a good thing!!

I'm glad to hear your son didn't chokeand that you were able to deal with it, that must have been terrifying! That's the thing about children, they really force you to deal with such situations that you would have gotten as far away from as possible before you had them! It doesn't make it any less scary, but you find ways to be able to take care of them without falling to pieces.

Dreamer, you're awesome. good for you!

well done !!

Valkyriegrl, you're right, it's amazing what you can do when you have to. I still avoid other sick kids like the plague, but I can deal with mine. Welcome to the site, by the way.

jodi054, thanks for your words of support!

Happyteacher, thanks to you too. How are things with you now? Nice to hear from you!

Dreamer, you have a PM.