Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

hello everyone, i am 21 wks pregnant and i have gained about 16 pounds or so during my pregnancy...i was about 127 before and was about 143 on june 20th...since then i weighed myself today (june 28th) and am now at 139 (on the same scale)...im not sure if this is bad, or if its normal...my friend Amber is about 23wks pregnant and she says she does fluctuate....i figured i would ask women who have already been through pregnancies or are pregnant now and ask before i make a fuss and call my doc asap because i am worried. at my last appt my doctor said that i was doing good as well as the baby...so to the best of my knowledge i believe i am getting the right nutrition but i could be wrong? i will definately ask my doc at my next appt, but i was just trying to get some opinions before then...can anyone help??Edited by: loveable101
    ♥LIDIA&hearsts;

I gained about 70 lbs during my pregnancy. I had a friend who only gained 15. The average I guess is 20-ish lbs... but individuals may vary.

The best advice I can give you is: still eat healthy... I know you're pregnant, but you won't be forever, and getting the extra pounds off isn't easy. But don't worry too much about the weight gained.. b/c easy or not.. you can always get rid of it eventually. As long as the doc says that the 2 of you are doing well, then that's what I'd go with.
    Friendship is like pee in your pants.... everyone can see it.... but only YOU can feel it\'s true warmth...

well.....40 the first.....i was ALLLLL water! then the 2nds..i lost 30 the first trimester (ms) and gained 25. I think it depends!!! Enjoy it either way!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I have 3 children and one that is due anytime. I gained a good 60 lbs with each. This I have gained 29lbs - I am 39 weeks.

I had a weight loss in the middle of this pregnancy. Probably due to terrible acid reflux. Dont be concerned. Your fine.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img] Its ok to fluctuate. Near the end is when you will gain weight.

Yeah your fine. I believe so far I have only gained 5 to 10 pounds at the most...but when I first found out I was pregnant I weighed more then my usual so that's probably why.

I never weigh myself between appointments, I just wait until the nurse does it. THere have been times when I haven't gained anything between appointments then other times when I have gained a lot (I'm 37 weeks right now and have gained 42 pounds[img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img]). I would say that if you are concerned, call your doctor. I'm sure it's nothing, but if it would help ease your mind then I would go ahead and call. I have called the doctor a few times during my pregnancy for random weird things. Most of the time they tell me it't normal and not to worry about it, but sometimes they have had me come in and get checked out. Either way they always take me seriously and do whatever they can to make me feel better.

I think that's normal. Ask if yor worried, tho. I did that with my pregnancies. Eat good foods, and it will be fine. The baby takes what it needs.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Lidia -

Being pregnant isn't any different when it comes to water weight. Just like non-pregnant women - you're weight can flux depending on the time of day you weigh in. I really wouldn't worry too much. Enjoy the experience!

thank you so much for all of your opinions...i appreciate it very much...im probably not going to worry about that as much now so thanks!! i guess my other concern was that i have already gained a lot, and when i talk to people who have had children they say that they typically dont gain that much until about 7-8 months and then you just get huge!! i was just wondering why i have gained so much and im only 5mo along?? and i know im only going to get bigger [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img] not to mention i heard that a lot of women dont or cant recover after a baby when it comes to their body!! im not looking forward to that at all...i tell ya being pregnant sure does confuse me everyday when it comes to what my body does!! LOL [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img] but any advice or opinions you could give would be greatly appreciated!! Edited by: loveable101
    ♥LIDIA&hearsts;

In the UK, we don't get weighed anymore as part of routine ante-natal care (well, where I live they don't). The focus is placed on the fundal height - roughly pubic bone to top of uterus. As long as this roughly matches the number of weeks pregnancy then all is well with the baby (e.g. 21 weeks pregnant, fundal height 21 in). Also, the mother's blood pressure, urine etc. indicate maternal health.

So, I wouldn't worry too much about weight as long as you and the baby are fine. For info though, from weighing myself,I gained 28 pounds with my first and 42 with my second. I did lose it all - and more...so much running around!!

Good luck!

You will get your body back. You may have to work on it but you will. I have each time. I have had to work a little harder each time but I do it.

You are fine. I am sure if there were any problems your doctor will let you know. Especially when it comes to weight!

Try to enjoy it! Are you feeling the baby move??

[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

yes i sure am...she moves around like crazy she loves kicking!! i am getting use to her schedule so i know when i can and cant sleep!! she had the hiccups yesterday, it was hilarious i just didnt know what was going on...LOL!!
    ♥LIDIA&hearsts;

Quote Originally Posted by loveable101
    thank you so much for all of your opinions...i appreciate it very much...im probably not going to worry about that as much now so thanks!! i guess my other concern was that i have already gained a lot, and when i talk to people who have had children they say that they typically dont gain that much until about 7-8 months and then you just get huge!! i was just wondering why i have gained so much and im only 5mo along?? and i know im only going to get bigger [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img] not to mention i heard that a lot of women dont or cant recover after a baby when it comes to their body!! im not looking forward to that at all...i tell ya being pregnant sure does confuse me everyday when it comes to what my body does!! LOL [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img] but any advice or opinions you could give would be greatly appreciated!!

I have been gaining steadily the whole time. I think the reason that a lot of people don't gain anything until later is because of morning sickness. Since I didn't have any, I wasn't losing anything. Plus I started trying to eat better - healthier and more - as soon as I found out. Because of my emet, I used to not eat much, so when I started to eat more I started to gain weight.

I hear people say tha tit is the last 5 to 10 pounds that are hard to get rid of, but since I am hoping to hang on to a few pounds that I have gained, I have no problem with that. [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Your weight will fluctuate a lot when your pregnant. In the forst three months I gained 15 lbs. 10 lbs in one month. Overall I gained 30 lbs. I gined so much in the begining probably due to the eating I did when I got nauseous. I had toeat in order to feel better and avoid the nausea. The last 5 months of my pregnancy I gained 15 more. I only gained about 5 lbs the last 2 months I was pregnant. I was pretty happy about that because thats when pregnant women really pack it on supposebly.During the last month or so you might even lose a little. I know I didn't feel like eating much when I was so big and uncomfortable. I lostmy pregnancy weightrather quickly too. I was actually thinner after I had the baby than before.
    Whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus.- Colossians 3:17

If you are worried about losing the baby weight, nursing really helps with that. You use so many calories producing milk for the baby, that you have to eat more to keep up!

Quote Originally Posted by tanyarn
    Your weight will fluctuate a lot when your pregnant.* In the forst three months I gained 15 lbs. 10 lbs in one month.* Overall I gained 30 lbs.* I gined so much in the begining probably due to the eating I did when I got nauseous.* I had to*eat in order to feel better and avoid the nausea.* The last 5 months of my pregnancy I gained 15 more.* I only gained about 5 lbs the last 2 months I was pregnant.* I was pretty happy about that because thats when pregnant women really pack it on supposebly.*During the last month or so you might even lose a little.* I know I didn't feel like eating much when I was so big and uncomfortable.* I lost*my pregnancy weight*rather quickly too.* I was actually thinner after I had the baby than before.*
    well that is good to know!! i hope i have your luck!! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    ♥LIDIA&hearsts;

Quote Originally Posted by daffodil
    If you are worried about losing the baby weight, nursing really helps with that. You use so many calories producing milk for the baby, that you have to eat more to keep up!
    ive actually been told that quite a bit i am just worried about the meds im on to breast feed ??? [img]smileys/smilies_27.gif[/img]
    ♥LIDIA&hearsts;