Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Who are you?

My name is Sarah, Im 19. I live in middlesbrough in the united Kingdom. I have a boyfriend of a year, and we are planning to move in together. Im approaching the second year of a degree in psychology, and work as a waitress at Pizza hut part time. I enjoy swimming, reading and watching films, and generally wandering around nice places such as the country, or a beach. Ive been a sufferer since a child and havent grown out of it. I have a 1 year old Cat named smudge, who means a hell of a lot to me

My middle name is Sage, which is why I go by "StrangeSage" here. I try not to use my first name online...just my way of being careful, I guess.

I am a 23 y/o woman who loves women. I've been out since I was 17 and am happy with who I am. I work full time at a little hippie~headshop that sells all kinds of neat stuff from around the world. It's a super mellow working environment, small, ownedby a woman, and isnon-corporate and I work with the best people in the world! I am also a student at a community college and am on the Dean'sList. For the first time in my life, I have no idea what I want to go to school for. I was majoring in Social Work...then I was considering Psychology.. But right now I am so caught up in my own crap that I cannot fathom working in the mental health field. I was a Youth Counselor at one time and loved it, so maybe I will get back into that. I have found some freedom in not havinga plan, which is actually wierd for me.

Let's see..what else? I am in a relationship with an amazing woman. She is 12 years older than me (yes, that's a turn on, I can't getintowomen my age!)and weconnect on so many different levels. This is my first healthy relationship and it scares me and thrills me at the same time. She has been very understanding and supportive thoughtout my struggles with anxiety, etc..

My interests include the following: reading, writing, poetry, talking, music, women, equal human rights, spirituality (buddhism), mindfulness, meditation, sexuality, alternative lifestyles, nature, cats, animals...the list could go on! (and right now I just noticed a huge spider crawling on my wall! [img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img])

I have struggled with mental health issues in the past, mostly surrounding self-injury and depression. I have beaten self-injury, which gives me encouragement that I can get through anything. Right now, I really feel like the Universe is trying to teach me how to let go of control (I am a control freak!) and accept things as they are, without judgement. Letting go is so hard and I constantly struggle with myself and this brain that tends to spiral itselfinto spinning maddness at times.

I am trying to live in the moment...be here now. Because really, there is no other moment.

(I hope this didnt' sound like some speech, lol)

Peace,

StrangeSageEdited by: strangesage

Hey everyone....

Im not totally new here.. I used to have the username Sarahx...

Anyway, My name is Sarah, Im 22, married (june 2nd!) and have two little girls - Abby who is 4 and Isobel who is 11months. I used to use this site so much but when things got really bad during my pregnancy last year I stopped doing pretty much everything. Then I just never had time with two little people! But my emet has come back with a vengance and its brought me into even deeper depths of anxiety and depression. I am seeing a psychiatrist, support worker, counsellor and my GP for help. Unfortunately I am just starting a new type of medication and it is awful right now... I have been feeling *icky* everyday since taking them but i have to carry on... Grrr... Anyway Hi everyone ...

Sarah xxxEdited by: uglyducklin

My name is Samantha and I live in the United States. I have been married for 12 years and have 3 children,. I work for a dermatologic surgeon and have been with him 15 years. Im 35.

I love reading and writing and I play several musical instruments.

I have been emeto since age 5 or 6 had many councelors and different therapies but still fight it daily. Just found this sight recently and hoping I might get better.

*Deleted*Edited by: victoria018

I am Jamie!! Iam 25live in GA working as a pediatric nurse right now. I love animals!! I have a dog named ceasar who is 4 months and is so cute and sweet. I am single (kind of). Love to play video games, watch movies, and play with my dog.

Hi guys! I'm 30,from Melbourne, Australia. I wasborn Deaf and have Deaf parents, and a hearing sister. I have two pets, Pippa - a Pomerian and a cat, Sammy.

I work in a Deaf school as Auslan (Australian Sign Language)Support Worker.

I love movies (hence my username) and I make movies in my spare time. I also have a website if you're interested, www.moviegirl11.piczo.com

I love my family and friends. I love to ride on my bike, go rollerblading, and riding on rollercoasters. I enjoy my life very much (except the v*). I'm single and are enjoying the freedom!Edited by: moviegirl

Hi! My name is Amanda. I'm a 21 year old country girl and from the midwest corn belt. I live in a cornfield so I'm trying to make the best of this boredom! I'm a full time college student. I just got my associates in Science from a community college and now I'm moving on to bigger and better things. I either want to major in Physical Therapy or Radiologic Technology. I love love love the health field. Problem is, I need to get set on a major within the next couple weeks!!!</span><br style="font-family: Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; color: rgb(204, 51, 204);"><br style="font-family: Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; color: rgb(204, 51, 204);">I'm a pretty average 21 year old. I'm extremely shy. I have a boyfriend. My cat's name is Feet. I love humidity. I watch FRIENDS religiously. I eat Subway almost everyday. I can't cook to save my life. I drive a Ford Focus. I'm paler than pale. I love my front porch. I read anatomy books for fun. I have Amish relatives. I still live with my parents. I'm a Godmother. I never answer my phone even though it's always on me. I'm scared of trains and june bugs. I am one of the biggest drama queens you will ever meet. There is a bunch more pieces of random info about me on my myspace. </span><br style="font-family: Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; color: rgb(204, 51, 204);"><br style="font-family: Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; color: rgb(204, 51, 204);">I've been "emet" (as people say) for about as long as I can remember. As goofy as this sounds, my phobia originated as just a "germ" phobia. (Wait, I haven't gotten to the goofy part yet...) I wasn't scared of feeling sick or being sick, I was just scared of </span>missing school</span>. It got to be an obsession and it escalated. Now 21, I'm still terrified of missing school and/or work. I feel I have passed this phobia on to my younger sister (she's 15) and for that, I feel awful. She's almost the same as me only she's not ashamed to talk about it like I am. My boyfriend and best friend are the only ones who know.</span><br style="font-family: Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; color: rgb(204, 51, 204);"><br style="font-family: Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; color: rgb(204, 51, 204);">I'm recovering. I have discovered how to talk myself out of it, rationalize and just laugh at myself. I can't belive some of the stress I've put my body and mind though. It really isn't worth it. If I miss a couple days of work, it certainly won't be the end of the world. I want to have fun and be happy while I'm here. No more worries! (ha, yeah right)</span>

Anger is just <font color=RED>love </font> disappointed
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    it\'s an addiction.

Hello! I'm Monica and I'm 21 years old from New York State. I work full time at 2 jobs. I am a Senior Court Assistant at our local City Courthouse. I also work for a sub shop on the weekends. I make a lot of money, which goes toward my brand new car, and all of my other goodies. I LOVE to go shopping. I am definitely addicted!

Now for the more serious stuff. I just found out about emetophobia tonight. After almost 10 years of this fear of being sick, with 20+ doc's saying I have anorexia.. I finally have some sort of closure! I'm glad to be here, and hopefully can find some support and help to get me to being normal again!

Hi! I am Brandi. I am 31 years old. I live in Santa Clarita California (right next to Magic Mountain).I have been married to John for over 10 years. We have 2 wonderful children my son is 9 and my daughter is6. I love spending time with my family, scrapbooking, going camping, and goin to the beach (carpenteria is my favorite).

I probably should have done this earlier!

I am Amy...a 28 year old mother of 2. My son is 4 and my daughter is 2. I am also an English teacher. I really enjoy spending time with my children. I love the summer and anything related to the beach. I am located in PA.
    *Amy*

This is my 1st post..but I've been a member for almost 2 years!!

ALOHA 2 ALL!!!!

I'm a 33 year old stay at home mom..I help teach dance &amp; etiquette classes @ my 5 year daughters dance studio!! I've been married for 8 years..I have 2 girls..5 &amp; 3 years old...I live in paradise on the island of Oahu...That's why I LOVE the beach..dancing..reading..crafts...&amp; Disneyland!!!....MY family &amp; I LOVE Disneyland!!..We can't wait 2 go back in March 2007...our 1st trip was March 2006...I can't wait 2 go back 2 Disneyland....but DREAD the plane ride there...[img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]

I wonder why?...LOL..that's me in a nutshell...

ALOHA

D

wellll hello helllo..

My name is Kristin.. obviously.. haha.. anyways. I am 25 years old and happily married to Dustin for a year... well tomorrow! august 8th..

We have no kids and are too scared to have any.. i am mostly scared because of my emet.. my husband is scared cuz.. well i dunno why he just doesnt like them all that well. We have pets though.. two dogs and a cat. I love my animals! My husband is sensitive to my emet but at the same time does not understand it all too well. He is in the Army and will be going to Iraq next year.. something i dont wanna think about right now!

I live in washington state.. i have my whole life but while my hubby was stationed in Germany I got to see a lil bit of Europe and wouldnt mind at all living there someday!

I have had emet since I was about 10. I am going to therapy now but still in early stages.. too soon to say there is a difference!

Anyways.. that is me!

Take care

Kristin

\"Dance like no one is watching, Love like you will never be hurt, Sing like no one is listening, Live like heaven on earth!\" Mark Twain

Hello everyone! I'm Rachel, and I'm from Queensland, Australia. I'm 31 years old, very happily married and have two kids - a Jack Russell and an Australian cattle dog!

I happened along this site about 3 years ago, but haven't joined until last night! I have been reading / researching emetophobia recently and am amazed at the number of sufferers, and here's me thinking I'm just weird! One thing I have discovered recently is the connection between emet &amp; depression (both of which I have mild cases of). I've been reading various posts, and can relate to many experiences.

Anyhoo, if anyone wants to chat or contact me at any time, just send me a message! </span></font>[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Hi all... my name is Casey and i'm from Australia... i'm 22... student... i've just moved back to the west coast after spending 2yrs over east aus... i jus did a search on v* [as i see we write it here [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]] for some exposure and came across this!! oh how I wish I had of found a site like this years ago... look forward to speaking with others to share with thatwonderful thing called empathy..

My name is Rebecca. i am a married (11yrs) momof 2 daughters...11 and 8. I am the Office Coordniator for a hydraulic company in Tulsa, Oklahoma. I love to read, go to the lake, boating and spending time with my family. My favorite movies are "Brat Pack" movies from the 80's and anything Quentin Tarrintino and Stephen King. I have had emet since i was 9 or so. I can count every episode from the time i was in first grade!!!

I'm Isabelle, I am 18 (almost 19! Two weeks!) my family is French, but I've lived in a lot of different places. I spent the most time in Ohio in the United States.

I go to school in Vancouver, BC (Canada). I'm hoping right now to get a
    double degree in violin performance and classical studies. I don't have time for much else, but those combine my two main hobbies: music and reading, so I'm pretty happy about it!

Hey. My name is Liana. I live in New Jersey. I'm going to be a sophmore this September. I love going to the mall, movies, and chilling with my friends. I've been in love with the same guy for 3 years. He's going to be a sophmore in college this September so I might have to wait a few years before we start dating. lol I've suffered with emetophobia for about 6 years. I'm also scared of planes ( flying). I'm so happy I found this website. Everyone here is so supportive!=)[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img] Edited by: lianaismadchill

Well i don't know if anyone is gonna read this far into the post but here goes nothin..

My name is Lauren. I'm married to the most perfect man in the world, Dave. We have a soon to be 3 year old daughter Marissa. We live together in Pennsylvania right outside of Philadelphia. I don't currently work outside the home but i am a full time mother. We have a new puppy Trixie who couldn't be a bigger pain in the ass if she tried, but we love her anyway. I've had emetophobia since i can remember. I believe first grade was when i realized how much of a problem it was. I just started taking Lexapro to help calm me down, but i don't know if i'm going to continue because i'm not enjoying the side effects. Hopefully we will all be cured of this horrible fear one day soon. Nice getting to know you all.

Hi my name is Katy, I live in Cumbria, England. I'm 18 and have had emet for my whole life. I've had therapy for emet related anxiety and depressions but never for emet specifically. Im going to newcastle uni in september to study english lit and im excited but very nervous! I hope to be emet free one day but im taking it day by day at the moment, cbt sounds very interesting but on student money i won't be able to afford it! Hello everybody!!
    *katy*
    I have removed my myspace address because of our little \"invasion\" but if you want to add me just send a pm

Hi everyone!
    First i just wanted to say that i love this website. I thought i was so
    weird until i came here. It has given me the confidence to talk to my
    family and my best friends about which has helped a lot.

anywho...my name is olivia and i am 17 years old. I live in
    Charlottesville VA and will be a senior in high school. i love animal
    rights and the environment. I already know i want to major in
    environmental studies in college. I also like to watch a lot of tv (it
    helps when i am panicking) and my favorite show is probably family
    guy, even though there are some difficult scenes. I have a mini
    schnauzer named oscar who i consider to be my little brother
    because i am an only child. I love love love macaroni and cheese
    and tomato basil and mozzerella sandwiches from the local sandwich
    shop. tttttttttthats pretty much it...

i love reading about everyone!
    ~viva~

Hi, My name is Jakki ...... Wakki Jakki....LOL.....I am 43 years old, married and have one 9 year old son [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]I live on Hayling Island in the UK, not far from Portsmouth!

Had this phobia for as long as I can remember and only managed to have the one child because of it [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

We run our own transport company from home, which is handy for me.

Jakki

Hi all,

My name is Pina and I am a few months shy of turning 51! Yikes, when did I grow up? I am still the same funky, hippie artist type I always was! I am proud of my age and all of the life experience I have earned. I am happily married for the first time to my second husband and we will be celebrating our 6th wedding anniversary this coming September 16th. We are the proud "parents" of 8 delicious, wonderful, funny, intense and always impossible cats!

I am from NYC, and he is from Ohio. How the country boy and thecity girl managed to meet is a sweet story - we are an online couple who found in each other a kindred spirit and a true soul mate in many ways. Like me, he is a funky,hippie artist type, so this truly is a match. When I say we are soul mates I mean it because we are, and in all ways: psychologically, emotionally and spiritually. I am the quieter of the two of us, but by no means a wall flower. He is talkative, funny and extremely lively. We are each others comedic foil, playing off ofone another in perfect rhythm. The oddest thing?He is also an emet so I have the best of all partners -not only does he understand who I am in general, but he understands the real issues of being an emet, as I do with him,so it is easier to traverse this difficult road we all are on. The only downside is that I get to clean up the hairballs and cat *v. Oh well.

By day I am an events planner at a college in New York. My job is very hectic and intense, but I love what I do. He is a landscaper, and does amazing, creative and magical work. And by night, we are a couple who just enjoy being with each other - listening to classic rock, attending concerts, partying with friends, or simply sitting in our garden reading.

Pina

Hi I'm Kim, I'm 24 (gonna be 25 on Sept 15) and I am from TX where I live with my husband of 3 1/2 years and my 2 babies who are 3 and 1. I am a SAHM, but I run a website with my sister, we make girly accessories. I'm pretty mundane, sadly, my only real source of excitement are my children. My hubby and I try to get a date every 6 months or so, isn't that sad?!??! We just don't know alot of people where we living nowEven with my 2 kids, I'm starting to get the baby fever again. I think 3 will be my limit.
    I do like cooking, shopping for clothes for my 2 kids, making hairbows, photo editing, and ebaying. I also like to watch movies along with my hubby when the kids are in bed that's what we do, I wish I had more time to read. i'm a terrible insomniac, it take a lot of wine to get me sleepy. Wow I sound so boring, but seriously 95% of my time goes to my kids, The other 5% is spent sleeping and filling website orders.

I used to be around alot more when I was in college and didn't have any children, I think I thought about my emet more then. My kids keep me pretty busy. I think I found this website in 2000, and I was just so relieved. It's awesome to see that I am sooo not alone in this.

I'm new around here so I guess this is a good time to introduce myself.

My name is Madison, I'm fifteen and live in OH state. I'm a sophmore in a small highschool. I really love listening to music, talking about music and looking at pictures of musicians. I guess my favorite bands would be, The Shins, Green Day, Fall Out Boy, Panic! At The Disco, Depeche Mode, The Smiths...oh man, the list goes on and on. I alsolove watching movies. Myfavorites(of the moment) are, Donnie Darko, Brokeback Mountain, Dummy, Secretary, Proof,and Jarhead. I don't currently have a boyfriend, but I'm looking forward to homecoming anyway.I'm as easy going as I can be. [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img] And I love talking to people! So, email me anytime.

I thought I better add this as well: my ava is a still from the movie Secretary, I'm not into S&amp;M. [img]smileys/smilies_03.gif[/img]Edited by: new.slang

I am old let's say all of you look so young and i just wanted to let you know i hate puk***g so here is my delema i just wanted to know if anyone else out there is afraid of it too. Obviouly there is , and i just wanted to know if any knew if my kids have the stomache flu can i get it by airborne? or does it have to be direct contact? And if there was any preventatives. Im married and my husband is not sympathic at all and both my children are of school age. I can help them but i start to panic and i freak out when they do cuz all i think about is I'm next and i do not want to do it i would rather it come out the other end instead. SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am a big baby and i'm old like i said[img]smileys/smilies_08.gif[/img]I just need some friendly advice and i really need to know what to do, no I'm OCD, i am labeled as Generalized Anxiety Disorder and i had PPD with both my kids BAD with my first and not so bad with my son[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]so i have had it ruff so my BIGGEST fear is All three of us get it at the same time cuz that would be horrible and i think i will die

Hello Everyone, I'm 26 years old and have this phobia as long as I could remember. I live in CT which is where I lived all my life. I am currently single I was engaged twice so hopefully the 3rd one is a charm. LOL I work in a car dealership. I dont have any hobbies just whatever. I go with the flow usually. My favorite food is hershey chocolate anyway. I can eat it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Lol

Nina [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

My name's Megan, I'm 19 years old and I live with my fiancee in Upstate New York. I have a full time job working for the state government and I have 2 cats, 13 koi fish, a frog, and a pet shrimp (yes, a shrimp ^_^). My fiancee and I have been engagedfor over a yearand are getting married on September 27th, 2008.

My hobbies are drawing, horseback riding, writing poetry, sleeping, playing guitar, and rocking out to music on my iPod. My favorite bands are Dream Theater, Metallica, Godsmack, Nine Inch Nails, and Cradle of Filth. I also love going to Lake George in the summer with my fiancee and just walking around to the shops, grabbing some pizza, and sitting near the beach with him.

My favorite movies are Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, Memoirs of a Geisha, Clerks/Clerks 2, and anything with Jim Carrey.

I've been suffering from emet since I was about 7 or 8 years old, maybe even longer. I remember I didn't really have a problem with myself v*, but when anyone else did, I would freak out and cry. I still do. ^_^ but that's why I'm here! You all seem like a wonderful group of people!Edited by: metallikat87

Well hello everyone!!!

I've actually been a member of this GREAT site since 2001! I'll never forget; I was 18 at the time (and still living at home). I had/have suffered MISERABLY from this ever since I was a very young child. My family never understood it, ever. Anyway, my older brother had come home drunk, and whatdoyaknow, thrown up all over upstairs. But me- having suffered from this so long, my radar is ALWAYS on, like a little antennae sprouting from atop my head. And I sensed it, like I always do. (We emets walk into a room and in less than a second we can point out the person who looks most ill/dodgy). Right when I saw him I just knew, and I was instantly on edge and ready to flee. He walked upstairs, and I fled downstairs, and when i heard the telltale sound (ugh, i can't even picture it) I just BOLTED. Got in my car and drove away- i actually think that I slept in my car that night. And the next morning, when I got back, me and my parents got in a HUGE fight, like we always did. they called me "absolutely nuts" for leaving like that. i was always used to my dad berating me for my fear of vomit, and saying stuff like "something's not right with you."

So I was at my wits end and felt absolutely frustrated and defeated, and hated myself for struggling with this for so long. nobody understands the way it traumatizes me when someone vomits. people can laugh and joke, and tell me 'it's no big deal,' but they don't understand, and they never will. they can call me nuts foropting to WALK home rather than get into a car with someone who's wasted drunk. To me, there is no smell worse than that of vomit- it actually makes me BLACK OUT. So anyway, I did a search on the net for "fear of vomiting." I honestly thought that nothing would come up, so when all these 'emetophobia" sites popped up, I damn near had a heart attack. that was the first time in my life I didn't feel alone in having this horrid phobia.

I was an active member for a couple of years, but then I kinda just got out of it. But here I am, in 2006, at 24 years old, and I've still got it badly. On a scale from 1-10 I'd probably put myself at an 8.5, and I have BOTH the fear of myself vomiting and of others doing it. It's just terrifying to me. And I'm surprised at the marvels of the human brain, because I've actually caught myself physically reacting even BEFORE I've realized what I'm reacting to. and that is a very bizarre thing. a good example is the other day when I was at the mall. i remember walking and all of a sudden I got this "fight or flight" instinct, and I quick turned my head and covered my eyes. And I thought, "Why the hell am i doing this?" and I turned back around to look, and I saw some guy bending over the garbage can (he was just changing the trash, thankfully). and that's when it dawned on me how badly i still suffer from this. I do all the classic behaviors times 10 (too many to mention here).

The crazy thing is that I DO suffer from a chronic illness, which, coincidentally, leaves me extremely nauseated. Looking back, there's really no reason I shouldn't have puked 5000 times by now. but I haven't. I'm thinking it's 95 percent brain power and 5 percent diving intervention by God (ha ha, I am one of those people who PRAYS, also, and bargains with God- oh, please don't let me throw up...). But as it stands, I have not done the deed for over half of my life- do you want the date?? September 22nd, 1992. That's our emet calling card- the Date in Which We've Last Vomited, which we proudly display. We celebrate this holiday much like Christmas or Halloween, or our own birthdays. ha ha.

You would think that my profession- marketing- would be among the most vomit-free. but eau contraire, folks. the very ironic thing is that i've encountered vomiting MORE with this job (and among my coworkers) in the past year than at any other period of my life. We travel a lot to do PR and advertising and marketing. The first gig I had with this place they sent me on a week trip. And har har, the

Hi there. I've been reading this site for a few months now and thought I'd join as everyone seems so helpful and supportive of each other.

My name's Lynne and I live in central England. I'm 38 and I'd say I've had emet since I was 8 or 9. I think it stems from when my mum caught a sv when I was little. It scared me that she was making such horrible noises and my dad yelled at me to stop crying. I last v*d when I was still at junior school (touches wood) and although I can't remember the exact date like most of you, it was before I was 11. I've had sv's like everyoneinevitably does, but thankfully they used the bearable escape route! Whether it's emet willpower or a strong immune system I don't know.

I'd say my emet is moderately severe and relates to both myself or anyone else v*ing. The words relating to it don't bother me at all (although I'll abbreviate out of consideration forothers) and I can walk past a pool of v* on the floor no problem if I can't smell it. My problem is when it's actually being done...the sound, smell and worst of all, the sight. I run a mile if anyone v*s near me, or even says they feel ill..

I do the common emet things, like checking use-by dates on food and cutting through meat to make sure it's cooked properly. I'll eat out though and I live at McDonalds (hate cooking), so fast food isn't a problem. I follow the basic rules of hygiene, like hand washing after using the bathroom or before preparing food, but that's about it. I'll use public toilets and not worry too much, although if someone is already being ill in there I turn and run out. I refuse point blank to go on a boat tripor ferry, but I've flown quite a few times. I watch the other passengers for signs of illness though and get panicky if we hit turbulence in case someone's s*. If it's any consolation to anyone, I've never seen anyone v* on a plane, even when it's got a bit bumpy.

I love rock concerts and horror films, which are perhaps not the best things if you hate v*! I'm OK at indoor gigs, but rarely go to festivals as the combination of sun and alcohol usually results in loads of v* and I'm constantly stressed. In films, I can watch gore no problem, but if someone finds a hacked up body and v*s I'm out of the room. Weird huh?

I'll end it there, but hope to see you on the boards soon. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]