Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I've had a very strange stomach problem the last three months. I can't really describe it....except to say that it feels like my stomach is really heavy and full, like it's trying to stretch...like how it feels when you've eaten too much. This makes me pretty n*, but I try to ignore it so the n* doesn't get to me...but it still does sometimes. I've had this problem just about every day...and I hate it. I don't understand what it is. I've tried telling people about it, but no one believes me. I wanted to go to the doctor about it, but no one will take me. I've never gotten sick with this, but I've just felt very sick. It affected me so bad when it first happened that I lost a lot of weight. I've gained some of it back now, but it's hard to eat a lot of the time. Sometimes, it feels really pressured too...almost like I need to burp but can't.

I thought maybe that it was in my head, but earlier today, my stomach felt light...and I was thinking about how weird it felt...and then I remembered...that's what 'normal' felt like. This has made me very depressed and I haven't been able to enjoy my summer.

Does anyone know what this could possibly be? Could it be acid reflux? I just can't figure it out. I'm so tired of dealing with this and having no one ever believe me...heck, I'm crying when I'm writing this.

I just want to feel like me again...

is there any possible chance you might be pregnant? i've heard that pregnant women often experience a feeling of fullness and that might explain the n*, too. but you should try and get to the doctor if it is really bothering you.

feel better!

-hayley xoxo
    ~*~ all is fair in love and war ~*~

I thought I was pregnant when it first happened, because I ended up being late for my period (it came two weeks later and I've had another one since then) and I've taken two pregnancy tests and they came out negative.

I'm going to try and get to the doctor after this week. I would try and go this week, but I am leaving tomorrow to see my grandparents and I won't be back until Friday. I just worry that if I go and the doctor says he has no idea what's wrong with me....I don't know what to do then.

Thank you so much for your reply, and I hope I do feel better.

oh yes it could be so many different things...but the best thing to do is get straight to the doc when you return because if something is wrong you want to be sure to know about it asap!! good luck and hope to talk with you soon!!
    ♥LIDIA&hearsts;

sorry to get personal but I am a nurse so I can't help it. When was your last bowel movement ? do you go reguarly because that can make you feel full if you are constipated