Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Ah! Help!

I just came for a little support because I'm feeling sick now! I don't know if others out there feel sick often - as I do - probably due to the anxiety of getting sick. Anyway, about an hour ago I started having diarrhea (sorry to be graphic) and of course I immediately started getting nervous that I would throw up. I don't feel terrible - not that nauseous - I just have a stomach ache. So I'm trying to talk myself out of feeling sick. I'm hoping the diarrhea bouts subside and I feel better... any advice?

Hey I am sorry you are feeling like this. I think what you are describing sounds like anxiety, this can cause diarrhea aswell. You should try and take your mind off things, maybe watch a bit of tv or something. If this doesnt work do some deep breathing and try sucking a mint. Alot of us emet feel nauseous often, it usually just takes a tiny stomach twinge to set us off worrying, which in the end makes us feel even worse!! You might just have eaten something that didnt agree with you - this doesnt necessarily mean v*. Hope you are feeling a bit better - try not to worry!

Katy x
    *katy*
    I have removed my myspace address because of our little \"invasion\" but if you want to add me just send a pm
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks for the advice. I'm already starting to feel a bit better. I am almost positive I won't get sick now. The d* is gone - I think! This is my first time on this site - it's so hard to believe there are other people that obsess like I do! It sounds like for most people they feel worse from anxiety than anything "real" - which is what I always do! Anyway, thanks for the support. Just hearing other people say I'll be fine helps (my family is very trained)!

There are thousands of us!! There is always some here if you need support or have a question to ask! I have been a member for about 2 months and this really is the kindest bunch of people EVER!!! I need a lot of reassurance aswell, other people help me to rationalise things and then when iv calmed down i often realise i feel totally fine!! I am glad you are feeling better, hope to hear from you soon! x
    *katy*
    I have removed my myspace address because of our little \"invasion\" but if you want to add me just send a pm
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Welcome to IES.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]I hope you find the support you need here.