Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Tomorrow I have to go campingat an all weekend music Festival with my husband and I am so scared. There are going to be at least120,000 people there, all crammed into one little area. I keep telling myself that I survived last year, but it is of little comfort tonight. I still keep remembering all the v* incidents I saw. The alcohol, dodgy fast food and just the amount of people all make v* incidents likely to happen. The festival is even called "the V Festival"

I have tried hard to put on a brave face today as my husband is so looking forward to it and I really don't want to ruin it for him, but tonight my tummy is hurting so much and I am starting to panic. I can't believe I am actually going again and putting myself through all that worry. I wish it was sunday night so it was all over with.

I am so glad that my husband does not drink at all and we take all our own food with us. I just hope this is the last year I have to go through this torture. It really was horrible last year.I am so scared. I am sitting here shaking whilst my husband is asleep, all excited about tomorrow. Why can't I be normal and look forward to it? I should be thanking my husband for buying me a ticket, not sitting here telling everyone I don't want to go.

Curly-

I understand. Right now, my children and husband went to this festival near our house. It has been going on for many years and is really a nice end to summer. But this year, I felt that I could not go...the crowd is too overwhelming. I absolutely hate that this is controlling my life.

At least you are going...that is more than I can say so try and see that as a strength. I guess the only way to beat this is to face our fears..which I swear is the hardest part.

Try and enjoy yourself. Think about how proud you will be when you come home and have conquered it!

How are the children?
    *Amy*

Thankyou momof2. I know I have to be strong and do this for my husband. If it was just for one day and then I could home it would not be o bad, but all weekend is going to be difficult.

My children are fine thankyou.They are back their usual lively selves thank goodness. I just feel so bad about leaving them all weekend. They are both excited about sleeping away from home, but I know I am going to get upset when I have to say goodbye to them. I will miss them so much.

Hi, Curly Wurly, I must admit that even if I wasn't an emet, a music festival doesn't sound like my idea of fun - I like my home comforts too much!! I think you're very brave doing this for your husband, but I wish he could be a little more understanding about your phobia. I wish you a v-free weekend, and hope that Sunday comes quickly for you and the little ones.

Let us know how it went, and don't forget those earplugs!!!!!

Good luck! I hope everything works out okay![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Oh Curly....gosh, I feel for you. I know how scared you must be for you to do this. I hope that everything goes well for you. I know you are going to do just fine, and you will get back home safe and sound. But you will none the less have the worry anyway. I hate emet and what it does to us...keeps us from enjoying things we should be having fun doing.....i know you'll miss your kids too, but they will also be fine, and very glad to see mom when you get back home....i will be thinking of you this weekend, and like you said, AT LEAST your husband doesn't drink, and so that will be a problem for you anyway......be thankful for that much anyway....it could be worse if he did drink!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish you the best here and maybe it will turn out just fine....K
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

Wahay, I did it. I am back and have survived. I even managed to enjoy some of the music in between emet moments.

I saw a few v*incidents but managaed to avoid most of them. My husband was fantastic and when I did freak out he was very supportive and just told me to look the other way and then let us move somewhere away from it. It was difficult, but I somehow coped. Not only was there v* incidents, but everyone thought it was great to throw plastic bottles and cups full of beer through the crowds. Then people must have using cups instead of toilets and throwing them. I got covered and it really was not nice. I was soaking wet and smelly. I started to panic then, but it was nearly time to go home then so it could have been worse.

The toilets were as bad as ever. I braved them once or twice,but I was a bit naughty and found a nice little bush in the carpark tuckedquietly away. It was a mile walk from our tent, but it was worth it.

I am very pleased I went, but so glad to be home. We got home at 1.30am. I had the longest hottest shower before going to bed. I am so glad it is over and hoping my hubby does not buy tickets next year.

The sad thing is, that if it was not for my emet, I would have had a great time. It was such an escape from the real world for a few days. It would have been so nice just not to worry for once.

Good Job Curly!!!!!!!! Arent' you proud of your self now? I know it must have been rough, from what you have described went on. But you did it, and that's wonderful. It is so hard to do things like that , for us emets, it's a huge accomplishment when we do achieve something like that. Glad you made it back home safe and sound, and hey maybe next time, you won't have to go.....or maybe you will be used to it by now!!!
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

Well done! Especially for coping with the emet moments. I know I couldn't have done it.

Good for you! You handled things well! I'm glad you had some fun.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Glad things went o.k. Curly. I would not have been happy there either. It is great that your hubby was so supportive. Next year, be sure to pass on this "fun."</font>

Kudos for you Curly for doing that. I know it can be so hard when we are so afraid to do things, and we end up sometimes having to force ourselves anyways and it can be real hard, but you did it!!