Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: SCARED!!!!

OMG I knew this was going to happen...we are having our housewarming party today and I feel N*....people are coming at 2PM (it's 12:30 now) and I'm starting to panic. my bf's whole family will be here and so will mine. I am so scared. I know that I will probably not v* because I never do but I am still scared. Why does this always happen when I have to do something important. I KNEW this would happen today!!! GRRRR!!!! I hate having anxiety and this STUPID PHOBIA!!!!!!!!!! I just want to cry!!!

im so sorry is there anything you can do to relax???? just try and stay calm...try eating some toast and drinking some tea, herbal only, like chamolie or peppermint and jsut try to relax. sorry this is happening i hi
    I love Sam
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

It sounds like you talked yourself into being sick. You are saying that you knew it would happen, but it sounds like a self fulfilling prophecy because you're working yourself up so much.

Sit down. Take some deep breaths. Try to do anything that you think could calm you down. You're making yourself sick for no reason. Don't torture yourself like this.

Sounds more like stress to me .. how are you now?
    Taking a sabbatical from IES, moving on, and making concrete changes to live my life without fear.
    Friends know where to reach me.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

God isnt that the worst!!! it always happenes when i have things important planned an it makes you even more scared. how did it go?

michelle xxxx

that happens to me too a lot, on important days. But, i've figured out that, like japa said, it's a self-fulfilling prophecy, Because you think that it will happen, you make yourself feel that way, and then basically set yourself up for the same thing the next time. Amazing what your mind can do, eh? I'd just try to relax, maybe throw yourself into preparations for the paryt. Good luck!

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

Hi everyone.....well I had a great turnout for my party. I have to tell you what happened though. I was sitting outside before everyone got there and I stood up and got this REALLY SHARP pain in my right side. I felt like someone stabbed me and it went all the way around to my back. So immediatley I think it appendicitis (i have always been afraid of that too) and I started to panic. My cousin's got here, my aunts uncles, bf's family showed up, my parents etc. This pain in my side would NOT go away. My mom kept telling me to monitor it. I wouldn't eat anything or drink anything. I went into the bathroom with my mom and started crying cause I was so scared. She got me calmed down and told me to "ignore it". Well, that's not the best advice for someone who is scared to death, but I went back out and tried to have a good time. After a while I noticed that the pain had gone away. I was ok. I still didn't feel 100% but that sharp pain in my side and back was gone. Most people left and it was just our friends that were over.

I conquered it!! I think! LOL YAY FOR ME!!! gotta run today, but i will be back on the board later. you guys have been a god end to me...I want you all to know that I appreciate all of you!

It was just nerves hon, it happens to me all the time.