Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

So I seem to have gotten strep throat agian..last time was in Feburary...but im also started to feel n* and stomach hurting and kinda crampy...so im really nervous and feel sick now...my whole body has started to feel weak and icky...and i feel really really tired...i dont know what to do...im scared i will v*...last time when i had it my bf did too his was worse than mine...i havent taken medicine yet because i was scared about feeling sick now. please i need some advice...i did have french toast and hot chocolate this morning to make myself feel better....but i think maybe its giving me gas or something...im really scared...
    I love Sam
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You didn't take your strep throat medicine??? That will definitely make you worse! Take your meds!!!!!!!! They're there for a reason.

Honestly i've really only heard about young children v*ing with strep throat. You probably just feel crappy because, well, you have strep throat. That will make you feel generally crappy, and sometimes even having a cold can mess around with your insides. I would try to relax, eat healthy, drink, take your meds, and get some sleep. I doubt that you will v*.

feel better!

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

Thanks...I feel less nervous...it was gas i think...but I have gone
    potty like three times...its soft but not d* but i really want to eat
    chips and guacamole...is that bad to eat when you have strep and soft
    potty? I mean I really want them and have all day...but im just nervous
    because the antibiotics usually make my potty soft or even a little d*.
    Im just hungry and I dont want to keep eating soup....what do you
    think???
    I love Sam
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Okay first of all take your medication. You'll only get worse unless you take it.

I wouldn't worry about v*ing. I've had strep throat 4 times and never v*ed with it.

As for eating. I think if you genuinely feel like eating something....go for it. Emets avoid food enough as it is, so if you want to eat chips and guacamole. Enjoy. Besides, if you were going to be sick the very thought of them should be unbearable for you.

thanks guys...i did eat em and it was YUMMY
    I love Sam

Good job! If you feel like eating, go for it. It actually will help you get better, as your body needs energy to fight off illness and it cant get energy without food!!

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

Thank God I've only had strep throat once, when I was 16. I remember it hurting like hell and the fever knocked me out until I crawled to the doc's and got antibiotics. I was craving Doritos, of all things. They tasted very good, until I got one caught in my throat, which hurt even worse than I already felt. [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img] Never got nauseated at all though. You should be fine! Feel better--and take those meds! You'll be glad you did.

i just get scared bcause when your scik then your at risk for getting
    more sickor at i get scared that i am... so im all jumpy and nervoud
    I love Sam

Like you I often feel scared to take medications for fear I'll get sick. In the long run though if you allow the strep to get worse you could end up a lot sicker and maybe even vomit from that. Can you take your medication with an anti emetic?

i took the medicine and i cant sleep cuz my tummy feels weird and
    gasy..it was almost 12 hrs ago...i would have noticed a reaction by now
    right? im scared
    I love Sam

Strep won't make you throw up, especially if you take your antibiotics and don't let it get out of control.

The antibiotics may, however, give you diarrhea. This WILL NOT make you
    throw up, as it is just because they are killing off the good bacteria
    in your intestines. Once you are off the meds, the good bugs will come
    back and you'll be fine (I'm just letting you know so you don't worry
    if you do get diarrhea).

Keep eating Its good for you.

Thanks guys...im just so nervous about it all...im starting to loose my voice because i had to work today
    I love Sam