Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

My 6 year old daughter woke me up just over an hour ago to tell me she felt s*. I tried to stay calm and forced myself to go with her to the bathroom. Fortunately nothing happened.I have beeen panicking since. I am so scared it is going to happen. My daughter says she feels a bit better, but not right still. I am going to worry all day now. I can't stop shaking and my tummy is churned up just at the thought of my daughter being ill. I get so annoyed with myself for worrying so much about something which may not actually happen, but as usual as soon as I hear those words I completely change from a normal state of mind to a complete panic.

Hello,

Didn't she feel s* recently? Is there something botheirng her at school maybe? Does she have something on her mind that is worrying her, causing stress to her stomach?

I hope she feels better
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Thankyou for your reply californiagirl.

I am really not sure what is wrong with my daughter. She has not v*d and says she feels better, but she is so lethargic and off her food(very unusual!) She is not at school this week as it is their half term break. She has not been herself since Monday. She has complained a few times of having tummy ache, but it has not led to anything. I suppose it must just be a little bug.

I hope she is feeling better, and that your okay too...I know its hard, but your a great mom.
    I love Sam
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

does her head or throat hurt? look in her throat and see if it is red...if it is...it may be strep

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

How is she now? It's so hard to know what might be causing this. It could be psychological, especially as she felt ill earlier in the week, or she could have a low grade virus which is making her feel washed out. My kids usually get like this, especially during half term - it's the toughest time for them, especially after the long summer break, and it does tire them out.

I really hope she's better now and that you're feeling calmer. Well done on coping with it though...I know how hard it is not knowing what's going to happen.

I hope she feels better soon!

Thankyou everyone for your support.

My daughter is in bed asleep now. I can still not quite work out what is wrong with her. She seemed a bit brighter this afternoon and ate some tea, then at bathtime she complained of feeling s* again. She turned really pale and I was preparing myself for the worst, but again it did not happen. By bedtime she felt better but was so tired. She has not got a sore throat or any other symptoms. I am hoping for a peaceful night, but I am feeling somewhat anxious as my son has started with a cold today and by time I put him to bed he had a slight temperature. It must just be the time of year. The weather has suddenly got very wet and cold. I just hope both children sleep through the night and wake up much better tomorrow.

AWWWW--maybe shedoes havea touch of a bug, and her immune system is good enough to fight it off with minimal symptoms. Poor baby, I hope she feels better soon.
    ~*~Charlene~*~

My daughter is feeling much better today, so I am much more relaxed tonight. She has started with a cold today, but her tummy has been fine. I know she is feeling better as she wrote me a cheeky little poem which I have just found. It has really made me laugh, so I thought I would share it.

"Mummy you know what a good girl I have been?

I have tried very hard to keep my bedroom clean.

I have been kind to my brother.

I have not been any bother.

Please remember this when you see my bedroom floor.

The little patch of felt pen behind the door.

I am sorry really, really

Please don't be too cross with me."

Bless her. How could I be cross with her? She is so funny.

aww that is so sweet

It looks like I spoke too soon about not being anxious tonight. My daughter just woke up screaming. I wassure she felt unwell again. When I went to her she was convinced there was a cat in her room. She must have just had a bad dream. She has abig fearof cats. She has gone back to sleep now, but I am feeling terrible now. It has been a strange few days. My daughter is just not her usual self. I think it is going to be a long night.

there might bea psychological problem than. I've had them starting at the age of 9. Of course, it was very hard to diagnose, since I was pretty much suffering from ADULT depression/GAD.

Curly, is it possible this can be how your daughter is showing she is upset about her daddy not being home? Is she aware of your phobia? I know sometimes my daughter will complain about having a tummy ache to get my attention just because she knows I'll drop everything and hover over her.

I hope your night went okay after her nightmare and you were able to get some rest.

Hi Sally, First I would like to tell you that her poem is adorable!!! Also, I agree with Zane, maybe it has to do with missing her daddy. I have noticed that when my daughter gets anxious, she says her stomach hurts. It still freaks me out but there is a connection. I will email you soon...........take it easy.........</font>

Thank you all for your support.

Zane and Andee, I think my daughter may be missing her daddy. He phoned today for the first time in a while and as my daughter was chatting to him I could see the tears welling up in her eyes. Afterwards she said how much she missed him. She had a little cry which probably helped her.

Although my daughter's tummy seems alright now, she has a very heavy cold and sore throat today. My son also has a bad cold, so I am wondering if the tummy ache was related to the cold she has now. I spoke to my sister today and her daughter has had similar symptoms this week. Maybe it is something going around. My sister sounded completely calm about it.

I wish I did not worry so much. It doesn't help that my MIL has been giving me a really hard time this week. I wish she would just leave me alone if she feels so badly about me, but instead she has to keep comming round or phoning to tell me how terrible I am and how much I have ruined her life. Sorry to moan about her, but she has just been on the phone to tell me how much I have hurt her again. I am not quite sure what I am supposed to have done, but she has beenfinding fault withme all week and I have had enough. This is why I have not visited her, but she has still managed to take every opportunity to visit or phone me, just to try and make me feel bad and guilty. I am trying so hard to be strong, but she just wont give me a break.

Anyway, thank you all once again for your support. Hopefully once my daughter manages to shake off her cold she should be back to her usual happy self.Edited by: curly wurly

When you see that she's calling...don't pick up. If se says she wants to come over tell her you don't have time. She'll only affect you as much as you let her.

If you have somebody to keep an eye on your girl, I would take a walk. Fresh air works wonders. Open up some windows in the house so if she is sick it'll air things out a bit.

If it doesn't bother you too much, just go in your girls room and sit with her for a bit. Read to her or talk to her. Just don't let her see that her being sick scares you.

Take care