Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I saw it on the news this morning. Since it was like 6 AM I wasn't really able to pay attention that well, I was still groggy. Anyway, it's a school to the west, i think it was near Olympia or something? I dunno I may be entirely wrong, all I know is that a school in Washington state was closed for disinfection because a lot of children were catching "a very severe and highly contagious stomach virus. symptoms include high fever and projectile vomiting" and that's about as much as I remember. I forgot the name of it, I don't think it was a norovirus though.

One of the schools in Ferndale, WA has been closed for disinfection. I wonder if that's the one you saw in the news.

Hi there!!!

I'm just waiting for school's to be closed in my area (Chicago)--it hasn't happened yet, though. Knock on wood!!! I swear, sometimes I feel like homeschooling my son!!!
    First I'm totally turned off cruise ships because of all the Norwalk outbreaks and now all these schools are being shut down. Ugh!!!!

I think it's a brilliant idea; quarantining the virus by closing schools down temporarily. The children stay at home and don't spread to others who aren't infected. Education is important though, but they won't learn much sitting in the nurses office half the time. =P

Yeah, it said in the newspaper this morning that they were closing the school for a few days so the virus could run it's course in those kids who had it, and so the school could be thoroughly disinfected. There was a picture of a kindergarten teacher cleaning toys in her classroom with bleach. She even disinfected the crayons!

[img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img]Wow, thats crazy. Weseriously don't have anything like that where I'm from. Whole schools closing because of viruses...it just doesn't happen! Maybe those kinds of bugs can't survive in warm, dryclimates?

Winter must be a scary time in the states. Keep healthy, guys!
    \"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars..\"

Quote Originally Posted by angel13

[img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img]Wow, thats crazy. Weseriously don't have anything like that where I'm from. Whole schools closing because of viruses...it just doesn't happen! Maybe those kinds of bugs can't survive in warm, dryclimates?

Winter must be a scary time in the states. Keep healthy, guys!

lmfao I never heard of it happening in Washington either, until just the other morning on King 5 morning news ....... [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]

and to whoever said it was the school in Ferndale, I'm pretty sure now that that's the one I saw on the news.

thats scary. but kids are like the carriers of EVERYTHING so it's not hard to believe. I hope they get better but i'm Glad its over there tho lol

grr your glad it's over here [img]smileys/smilies_07.gif[/img]. lmfao.... that's only cuz u don't live here [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

I'm within 10 miles of the closed school... [img]smileys/smilies_03.gif[/img]

I lived in Tacoma for 3 years and only knew one family who ever got a sv there. I thought it was the best place on earth. . . my opinion of it has been diminished!!![img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img] Everyone in WA stay healthy!!

oh yes, I'm gonna stay healthy. We all know that. Luckily I dont live too close to that place...

daffodil, where do you live? I'm from Kent.

I'm in Bellingham, and the school I know of that was closed is in Ferndale, which is the next town to the North.
    I hadn't heard of any school closures in Tacoma. Anyone know about that?

Id be terrified if i lived near there...stay safe yall

i'm so glad i only go to school for 3 hours a day. and that i only have about 12 kids to deal with.
    And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
    Anais Nin

I think that it is actually a really good idea to close down the school to stop the spread of this crap! I wouldn't take it as a bad thing, it shows the concern for health and keeping kids healthy.
    We have got to be able to laugh at ourselves about this!!

whew, luckily thats on the complete other side of the country from me lol...We New Yorker's are a tough bunch! lol

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by metallikat87
    whew, luckily thats on the complete other side of the country from me lol...We New Yorker's are a tough bunch! lol

yes we are [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

lol you're in New York? ya it's good that they can close the school to disinfect it, but parents shouldn't be sending their kids off to school when they're sick! I can't STAND parents like that [img]smileys/smilies_07.gif[/img]. my mom NEVER did that. Except with my anxiety attacks

What kind of a horrible bug would cause such disturbing, evil symptoms? Projectile vomiting? Holy crap. Amazing how such sickness could exist.