Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hahaha- so Chris and I have been talking about getting a dog for awhile now, and have been periodically checking the shelters.

Chris mentioned it at work- and a woman he works with mentioned she had a dog that she needed to give away because she was moving. He is old- 14 years- and if she brought him to a shelter, he would definitely be put down. He is a total sweetie- just a bit.....ummmm......rotund. He has also lived with cats all his life and is used to them.

So, Chris and I went to meet him....and decided hey, why not. He may only have a few years left, but as long as we can make them quality years, its all good. Hahaha- it's pretty funny- his short legs + fat belly = 3 tries to get up to the backseat of the car.

Well- here is a pic of Tyler, our obese wonderdog- who really is quite sweet. And must learn not to pick fights with pitbulls, as he tried to when we took him for a walk. We think he has a bit of a napoleon complex.

v[img]uploads/images/crimgoddess/6E3_DSC01567.JPG[/img]

*amber*Edited by: crimgoddess

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Aw, he looks sooooooo cute...what a nice thing you've both done taking him in! Sound like he has the canine version of"short man syndrome"!!

Hi there!!

Oh, he looks like a beagle mix!!! He is so adorable!!
    I have a beagle and have had several growing up and they've all been either slightly overweight or just plain huge. The one I have now, Maizie, is kind of overweight but I have her on a light diet/exercise plan and she's looking better than ever.
    I think beagles (or beagle mixes) have a tendency to put on pounds quickly. It's those adorable, sweet faces that you have a hard time saying "No" to!
    That's wonderful of you two to take him in!! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img] Edited by: christianne

He's soooo cute , I love chubby animals for some reason they look so much better than the skinny ones lol.

Suze- thanks and he DEFINITELY is suffering from a bit of a Napoleon complex. It's funny, because he is otherwise silent, then he sees a dog that is bigger than him and "WOOFWOOFWOOFWOOF"!

Christianne- He is a beagle mix-I think that he must also be part basset hound, as his body is fairly long, but with these 'lil legs. I had a beagle when I was younger, and he was VERY high energy and liked to chew on just about everything. He didn't have time to get chubbo- but this guy, lol. We have already bought him diet food, and will be making sure that he gets several long walks a day. Hehe- with your beagle- do you notice that their brains are in their nose? We will be outside with him, and all of a sudden he'll smell something and off we go.

Punchbuggy- I think the chubby ones are the cutest too! Hahaha- he is a perfect match for our obese persian X, who at first was quite miffed that he had to share his space.

Thanks guys

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

amber-your new dog is a cutie, but I would love to see some pics of your obese persian, he is a cutie too!!

awww amber!! lol he is soooo friggin cute!!! what cute obese animals you have!

\"Dance like no one is watching, Love like you will never be hurt, Sing like no one is listening, Live like heaven on earth!\" Mark Twain

Chubby animals are the cutest...cuddly, well-fed, happy. He is adorable!!

What a nice thing you guys did taking him in and giving him a great home!!Edited by: silver
    We have got to be able to laugh at ourselves about this!!

ohhh you haven't seen my aunt's pug yet. he's about 40 pounds overweight, and can barely walk. his back feet slip out from under him, and he snorts all the time when he breathes, especially after trying to run after the other little pug in the house. here he is with my newest cousin, madeline.

not saying your dog isn't adorable, though! that's gotta be the cutest chubbydog i've ever seen! how old is he?

I love to see these kind of pictures! They are both so cute! Can't help but to smile when you see them [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

This gives me an idea[img]smileys/smilies_47.gif[/img]
    ***Elvia***

Hehehe- Jenny, just posted pics of my other 'kids' in the pet thread! The pics of Marbles are ones I have posted before....but I am working on some new ones! He's being shaved in a week (is shedding TOO MUCH), so we're getting him an X-mas sweater, Bill Cosby style, to wear when he gets his pic taken with Santa!

Metallikat- OH! MY! GOD! That pic is HILARIOUS! It's sad and funny all at the same time how the pug and the toddler are about the same size! What's the pug's name?

(ps- Tyler is 14, which is pretty ancient. We figure he has a year or two, tops, but he seems to be doing well. Still gets insanely excited when we mention the "W" word, or he smells bacon)

Grelvia- thanks for starting the other thread! I love seeing people's pet pics too!

*amber*

Usually mixed breeds live longer then pure breds. A friend of my mom's had a dog named Sadie who lived to be 16 and she was a mixed breed, but in the end she went deaf, that or she just didn't care to answer to people anymore LoL. We've never had a fat dog or cat, all of our cats have been BIG, one cat we had was bigger then a small dog....he was a mean kitty though. Tyler is SO CUTE! I wish I could hug him forever!

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!