Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

So tonight me and my mom are watching survivor and at a commercial my mom turns to me and says, "I'm not getting you a digital camera for X-mas" and I'm like, "Why not" and she's like, "We don't get you girls expensive gifts like that for the holidays" and I'm like, "Well you got Liz one last year for X-Mas" and she's like, "No we didn't," and I'm like, "No you got her a laptop for her B-Day and digital camera for X-Mas" and my mom was like, "well I'm not going to get you one" and I'm like, "Oh but Liz can get a brand new laptop, a 200 dollar digital camera and a 4,000 dollar car in the span of a year an a half? and all I want is a cheap, bottom of the line camera and you won't get it for me?" and she's all like, "That car isn't Liz's" and I'm like, "If It's NOT then why does Laura have to ASK PERMISSION to use it?" and my mom's like, "Well she's going to need it next year for work" and I'm like, "She's going to GRAD SCHOOL there is NO WAY she needs a car more then me" and my mom is all like, "You need to get over this jealousy of your sister" and I'm all like, "I'm not Jealous of Liz, I'm mad AT YOU because you treat her like she's golden" and my mom's like, "Stop yelling at me" and I was like, "You're yelling at me what do you expect?"

WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY MOTHER? GRRRR! I just wanted to get up and slap her across the face! WHY IS LIZ SO MUCH BETTER THEN ME?!! Am I that WORTHLESS because I chose NOT to go to school and they did? HUH? I know it's not nice to say but I REALLY HATE them right now!

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

Argh. I hate that parental favoritism b.s. My younger sister was definitely the favorite. It was pretty obvious. And she was also the prettier, more popular, athletic one---and I was the band geek.

As a parent, even if you have a "favorite" kid, you should still try to treat them all equally, you know? My mom actually said to me on more than one occasion, "Why can't you be more like your sister?" What kind of parent actually says that to their kid? [img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]

Don't have any advice really, but I feel your pain. That is pretty crappy.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ya know what, I know it's easy for me to say but don't let them get to you. And again I know it's easy for me to say but there isn't anything wrong w/ YOU this is their problem. Its sad and you get affected by it but this really is them. We're here for you and sometimes parents aren't what they should be but you make family elsewhere ya know?
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

Thanks guys, I had to get that out, I mean it's really not fair and yes HDogg, they have asked my why I'm not more like my sister Liz, really they have. I mean I have no problem with Liz, I realized through therapy that it was my PARENTS treating her like she was the best, but she doesn't ask for that treatment AT ALL. I mean she's a vegan hippy who thinks everyone should get along, she's not materialistic in anyway, I just know my parents LOVE her cause she's smart, pretty, popular, and I was always the black sheep! It totally sucks! Oh well I'm happy today cause I get to go to Horror Fest! WOO! You guys are great!

~Monica

aww babe I so know what you mean...I have always felt like my mom
    favored my older sister...probably because she almost died in high
    school from a car crash with her ex boyfriend...but it still sucked,
    and I think I have been in a similar situation, but my mom at least
    trys. Parently confrintation is hard...actually any family
    confrintation is hard...im going through some right now too...sort of a
    falling out, and it sucks ass...good luck, dont be sad, just think like
    i always do "im better than that, and them" Because I just fake it,
    faking it until its real is the term I think. Heads up.
    I love Sam
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

THank you Ruby! I decided that I'm going to ask for a digicam and keep asking for one every single time they ask me what I want for a birthday or X-mas or a congratulatory gift. I'll keep asking until they get me one. Eventually they should get fed up with me. By the way, the horror fest movie SUCKED! The only redeeming factor was the creepy doll!

~Monica

I kinda had the same thing, was an only child for years, my dad basically went off and totally neglected me and my mom. then he got married a few years ago and totally favours his wifes kids, who are not even</span></font> his, used to drive me mad, they got a computer one christmas and i got a stupid candle, my mother went crazy at him, but the way i see it now is F**K him. lol. sorry typin this is makin me mad.

Monica u are better than they make u feel

Stay strong hon

xxMar

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

I'm sorry that festival sucked! [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img] But there'll be other non-sucky ones to go to, I'm sure.

I just wanted to add, that as I've gotten older and moved out, the favoritism has almost reversed itself, even though my sister is still the "perfect" one--good job, big house in the 'burbs, SUV, dog, cat, and great husband. While I'm working for nearly minimum wage, paycheck to paycheck, etc. But my mom and I get along a lot better than we used to. A LOT better. Before I moved to another state, she and I would hang out and have a blast!--as adults, not just mother and daughter.

I think once you get older and your mom sees you're a real adult, and let's you leave the nest, she'll come around. You may not get big gifts, but hopefully she'll treat you like a close friend. I hope things change for you.

btw, I know what you mean about the "black sheep" thing. I am the alcoholic, semi-failure. My father won't even speak to me, but that's another story. My mom is wonderful now, though, compared to when I was growing up. Is your mom accepting of your sexuality? Maybe she's struggling with that or something?

Hope things get better! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

I don't think my mom is accepting of my sexuality because she was telling me to "Be careful"About what I put on Myspace cause like YEARS from now my kids could find it, or a prospective employer could find it and see that I'm a lesbian or whatever. I told her, "Mom I'm a lesbian and they can't NOT hire me because of that, and if I have kids they'll know I'm a lesbian so why does it matter?" and she says, "Well it might just be a phase you're going through, who knows you might get married to a man" and I just rolled my eyes....I guess she thinks it's a phase or whatever....if it's a "Phase" then it's a damn long one that has lasted about 8 years!

~Monica

I just think sometimes it doesnt matter what you do or how you do it, your parents juist dont get it"

Im the oldest of 3 girls, im 37, my suisters are 36 and 30. the 30 year old is very overweight (Im not skinny but not obese) my mum defends her no matter what she does. alsoshe has a 3yr old little girl who is geting out of comntrol but my mum wont hear a word against her becos i dont have children...........so i "dont know what its like"

its so frustrating................

keep working on it, i hope things get better!!!

Laney xxx