Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

So for dinner I made souvlaki in the oven. I know I thawed and cooked it fine, thats not the problem. The problem is that after I thawed them and put them in the oven, I had a bit of the juice/seasoning on my index finger. It was enough for me to see. Anyway, I wiped it off on my pants and figured I'd just go wash my hands after I was finished cleaning up other stuff. I didn't, and I just realized I licked my finger.

I know this is insane, I mean, I only licked my finger... but it had raw chicken juice on it!! Is that enough to make me sick?? Oh my.. I'm freaking out!!

ooo kotopoulo souvlaki!!! I LOVE kotopoulo souvlaki, SO much better than hoirino! hehe yaaa I'm Greek...

umm... I don't know, if it was raw juice then I guess it could make you sick. Sorry, i don't mean to scare you or anything.... *knocks wood for you* I hope you'll be fine

I hate to say it but you're probably right! I was just hoping that since I had wiped my hands off on my pants that maybe it wouldn't be enough... I guess I just have to hold my breath and wait[img]smileys/smilies_16.gif[/img]

I dont know if such a tiny concentration of it would make you sick. I think you will be okay its not like you went and took a bite or raw chicken.

I heard that all it takes is one small drop to make you sick sometimes. I just hope that it isn't the case this time

me too Before I licked my finger it wasn't on there anymore, as in, I couldn't see it like I did before. However that doesn't mean that the bacteria can't be there.

I doubt such a small amount could make you sick. Try not to worry.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

I'm trying, but its difficult! I know I've eaten more dangerous things before, but I always try to be SO careful in the kitchen, it sort of makes it worse knowing that I brought this on myself.[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

Oh I'm sorry to hear that! But I think you'll be just fine. You're def in my prayers.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

When I get into a situation like yours, I try to think of all the times that I've licked my fingers after touching all kinds of nasty stuff without washing first (mostly in my pre-emet/not as severe-emet days) and didn't get sick.

I also think of all the millions of people who eat eggs undercooked (sunny-side up, over-easy/over medium, etc) and don't get salmonella. And the people who eat undercooked burgers, steak, etc. and don't get sick. Millions. It's only the few cases of food poisoning that we hear about.

I am 99.99999999% sure that you'll be all right. If people can eat their eggs sunny-side up on a regular basis and not get sick, then I'm sure you will be all right. I used to work in a restaurant, and this customer came in a few times a week and got his eggs that way every time. To my knowledge, he's never gotten sick. And his risk is much higher than yours, from one lick.

I'll say a prayer just in case, but I bet you will be just fine! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Oh yeah, and think of all the times we ate raw cookie dough as kids.....raw eggs...ewwww....and didn't get sick!

My husband still insists on licking the batter from my mixer when I bake cookies/cake/brownies...all containing raweggs. He drinks eggnog (raw eggs) like it's going out of style each year. And he hasn't got sick once.

Hope this makes you feel reassured! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

How are you feeling today??

And eggnog is raw eggs?? I just bought some this morning!!!

Yes eggnog is raw eggs and cream mixed the seasonings and i used to
    drink it all the time until i found out whats in and and now i
    dont...eww. plus im lactose intollerant. BUt honestly you need to
    remember that you do have an immune system, and I dont htink that tiny
    amount of bacteria would make you sick. but in 3-5 days you will know
    you are fine and not need to freak out. easirer said than done i
    know...im freaking out myself. so you know
    I love Sam

Is it just me or sophia, do you seem to scare people? Not trying to pick on you but you need to choose your words and phrases more carefully cause you tend to scare people. I don't think you're doing it on purpose but please choose your wording better and take into consideration that some people are VERY sensitive and some of your posts can send them into a panic...just my 2 cents is all [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    I CAN get through this! ♥Melanie♥

Im sure you will be fine, I mean you wiped your finger on your pants so there probably wasnt any juice left on your finger anyway!!!

Laney xxx

100% sure you will be fine!! Let us know how you are - please dont panic you will be fine I promise!

I was having an 'off' day once and I cut the fat off some raw bacon and then chopped my lettus with the same scissors - I freaked for about 6 hours when I realised after I had eaten the whole salad - BUT I was fine! Just like you are going to be!

Big Smiles girl!!!
    All your winter sorrows, hang em out to dry, throw em away gotta throw em away my friend...cos the good times..they\'re comin around again!!!

1scareddj, I think Sophia was just being truthful. I don't know how she could have worded it differently.

I dont think sophia could have said the truth in any other way, any way
    you say it it is still scary and still some kind of possibility,
    weather it low or high
    I love Sam

I'm sorry, I really don't mean to scare anyone. It's OK though, I'm used to it, I always seem to develop a bad rep. on most message boards. But I'm trying really hard to stay nice on here, especially since this is my favorite one[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

but I think that's what also got people mad at me on my other message boards - I always spoke the first thing that came to my mind.