Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I've been doing so well up till today and I am having a full blown emets attack right now![img]smileys/smilies_16.gif[/img]

Don't know what happened or where it came from. Naturally I fear it's the sv* coming on!

OK time for me to take all the advise I dish out but I can't calm myself down...strating to hyperventalate!

scared

Wait, so nothing in particular triggered this?

<center>
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    </center>

John,

You are such a strong voice on the site...you should go back and re-read some of your posts to other people when you were of rational mind. You give great advice to others and should try to take some of it.

I am sure that you are fine...just take a few deep breaths and try to switch into rational thinking mode. Pick a "mantra" and repeat it over and over...like "I am fine, I am not getting sick, I am bigger than this phobia, I will not let it get the best of me, I will not let this phobia define who I am, nor have any more energy than it deserves"

Hang in there!!!!!!!!

Julie

Thanks. Yes, once in awhile I get a random hit where I go from 0 to full emets. Usually I wake up out of a dead sleep in one. This hit me while I was sitting at my desk.[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

Surfjunkie, you are so kind to say that but how good is my advice if I can't use it myself! LOL!

It's calming down but I am on my emet rollercoster ride...I'm on the straight-away heading to the hill!

Thanks everyone!

I know this will sound strange but I love you guys![img]smileys/smilies_16.gif[/img]

I understand not being able to take your own advice, but, your mind is not rational right now...you are thinking with your "amygdala" which is the center that is pure emotion. When you are giving advice and thinking rationally, you are thinking with your "frontal lobe". Focus on trying to shift your thinking....it is something that has been helping me tremendously lately.

Can you get outside for a walk or some fresh air?

Julie

I am heading to work, but will check in with you later...take care!
    Julie

well picturing us all naked help?

I hope you are feeling better by the time you read this.

I had one yesterday. it is not fun!!!

Take care!

Julie, Thank you so much. I'm going to go walk to the bank and get out in the air!

Aw john! Taking your mind off it always helps, a walk will be good, or maybe watch ur fave tv show? I also do a thing where i go somewhere quiet and take 10 really deep breathes, in through the nose out through the mouth, it really seems to calm me down. I hope you feel better soon xx
    *katy*
    I have removed my myspace address because of our little \"invasion\" but if you want to add me just send a pm
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I hope you're better now John. I have to say that you do seem like truly one of the strongest people on this site. I enjoy your posts. They make me laugh and they make a lotta sense to boot. It's hard to take your own advice. When I am in full bore, I just have to get busy. Busy in my mind. Sometimes I will get engrossed in a movie and just forget where I am or that I ever felt panicky to start with. I try to watch movies about people that are weirder than me. It makes me feel better.

Thanks everyone. It's getting better and yall are more than kind to say such nice things.

*WHEW* that was a rough one!

Oh and Katsamsmom3....................CLASSIC! I think I will now! LOL!

Thanks guys, y'all are the best![img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

glad you are doing well.

Better now hun?

Hope so...

I'm here and you know where to find me.

Kasey,

You my rock babe! All of y'all are the best. Doing great now. Got me a massage.....No no not a full release, a chair massage and that really helped!

Thanks for the support and reassurance! Y'all rock my socks![img]smileys/smilies_46.gif[/img]

Glad you're feeling better, sorry I'm not seeing this til late but you got thru like a champ! I too can relate to not being able to take my own advice. Funny how the second it's your stomach flip flopping all that logic goes out the window.
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

*facepalm* I never thought of thinking of people in the buff when I'm flipping out. Maybe I'll start. Maybe not.[img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img] Anyhow, glad you're feeling better.
    \"Don\'t mistake innocence for ignorance. Don\'t mistake purity for inexperience. Don\'t mistake humility for weakness.\"

Hi john.You are one of the coolest people on this site and your advice has helped memany times.You always are so funny but I know that you, like the rest of us, suffer with this phobia and everything can't be so fine all the time, so glad you let us know you were not doing that great.I know what is it like to have those suddent emet attacks and it sucks so bad. Did you think about taking your dramamine? Have you thought about getting ginger pills? I went on 2 interviews today and knew I would get panic attacks so I took an anxiety med beforehand because I know when I get anxiety, it would cause n* and hyperventilating. Do you have anything like that around for these times? It's called Lorazapam. Anyway, I hope you are better!

-Bridgette

No fair...I want a chair massage?

Hey J, Do you want an Aveda head treatment?

Quote Originally Posted by new.slang
    *facepalm* I never thought of thinking of people in the buff when I'm flipping out. Maybe I'll start. Maybe not.[img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img] Anyhow, glad you're feeling better.

LOL I think it depends on who you are thinking of nekkid! Theres quite a few people in the worldthatd probably make you feel worse. hehe Tho any emet would make you feel better since ALL EMETS ARE HOT! heheEdited by: SimplyMe
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

YOU ARE FINE. YOU ARE NOT SICK. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

John I am so glad you're doing better honey!!

Don't you hate when you get a wack attack out of no where!![img]smileys/smilies_07.gif[/img]

I get those from time to time too, and once I've zapped out, I ask myself, "Why did I do that?"[img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]

You made it so, no worries.

Stupid emets...glad your okay...um sorry I havent been around to rock
    your world of distraction from the stupid emet craziness

*hugs and kisses*

I love Sam

Quote Originally Posted by rubysoho120
    Stupid emets...glad your okay...um sorry I havent been around to rock your world of distraction from the stupid emet craziness
    *hugs and kisses*

...You are the one that takes his mind off the Emet...You better get to work girl!