Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: not alone

I Cant believe there are so many people out there with this fear. Mine dates back to when I was a little girl. I was molested when I was younger and it took me until I was in College to realize what happened to me. Althrough my younger/teen years I was always awake at night n*. I was at school and I was n* . if someone had the bug I would cry in fear and plead to go to make it not happen to me. I went about 10 yrs without v*, but then I did when I was in my early 20's and my life came crashing down on me. I lost about 15 lbs and I have severe panic attacks. They told me the association was being molested when I was younger and the feeling I had back then and that related to the fear I had now when I v* or was n*. I had such a massive breakdown that I would look at food and when I did I would immidiately take xanax after to calm me down.

I started getting better and tried to go on with my life, but no matter where I am or what happens if I feel n* or someone else around me has the sv* I am a mess still. I call up my mom and husband and ask them if I will get it.

I did get sick last year and v* and made it through with the help of my husband cleaning it all up and he didnt even get sick from that. but I am still horribly i n fear of it. someone at my office just said the V* and that a nasty bug is going around in boston. I was reading all these replies and want to ask the doc for anti nasuea drugs or something.

I want a child one day , but I have that fear which seems to be common on this board, of my child having the SV*

knowing you are here helps

Welcome!!!

I am so so sorry to hear about what you have been through!!

I hope you find comfort in this site! Im always here to PM if you ever need to chat, dont hesitate!

Jen x
    All your winter sorrows, hang em out to dry, throw em away gotta throw em away my friend...cos the good times..they\'re comin around again!!!

I am so sorry that those terrible things happened to you as a child...nobody should ever have to go through that. We are a very understanding, supportive bunch of people as you will hopefully see. Welcome to the boards and know that we are here for you whenever you need. I know what you mean about being terrified when the sv* is going around, I think that pretty much everyone here has that are a big issue. It does sound like you are a very strong person considering that you have actually v* in the not too recent past and that you made it through. I become a raving mess whenever the sv* is going around...sometimes I have trouble eating and sleeping because I am so afraid. Welcome again, we will all get through this together somehow!!
    We have got to be able to laugh at ourselves about this!!

Hi! I'm glad you're here. What's helped me the most is reading the stories about others' experiences and realizing I'm not alone in the world with these thoughts and I'm not a bad person for having them. We all had our paths into this thing and from what I see there is a path out!