Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Body is very achey, stomach is churning, horrible n*,feel like I'm gonna get D* all of a sudden. Been extremely tired the past couple days. Thought it was because of a med I just started taking but this is all reminding me of when i v* in April. [img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]It's alllike deja vu.I'm petrified right now. I am 99.9% positive it's gonna happen. I'm going crazy here. I hate the anticipation...I got the flu shot in Oct. What is going on? I probably picked up some nasty virus somewhere.[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]Wish me luck.
    -Bridgette

do you have something you can take

dramamine original is great....n is goine in 30 min or so.

Which means there is a 1 % chance that you won't....so THERE IS HOPE!

Try and relax as best as you can (hard to do if you are an emet). Keep in mind that n* or even god forbit retching does not mean v* is iminant. If you have some Dramamine or even Benedryl take the full does that is rcommended. The anti histamines releave n* and help you sleep. Get better soon! Hang in there. We are all here for you!

ohhhhh! I hope you feel better! Let us know! I'm thinking of you and sending you get well hugs!
    Christi
    *^**^***^****^*****^******^**
    Proud Mommy to Zachary

Oh sweetie---I hope you're feeling better by the time you read this!!! Please let us know hpw you are doing. Take care[img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]
    ~*~Charlene~*~

I hope you're feeling better now, please let us know!

Hope you feel better soon!!

How are you now?

How are you doing? Feeling any better?
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

Are you ok??
    We have got to be able to laugh at ourselves about this!!

How are you doing? I hope you're alright!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

what happened? where you ok?

i hope you're feeling better!!

Ginger,

Emets are very bad at predicting when they're going to barf. So if you're 99.9 percent sure, that might work out to about a 9 percent chance.

A flu shot will not protect you from stomach viruses.

Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

How are you feeling??

Aww Ginger, how are you doing now?

Believe me even if IT does happen, you'll still make it through and live through it, and it WILL pass. It always does pass. Stomach bugs do not last forever.

Hang in there and keep us updated!!

GINGER?! How are you feeling? Are you any better? I sure hope so. Let us know okay![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    ***Elvia***

Gnger, we are worried. What happened? How are you feeling???

Ginger i hope you are feeling much better, let us know xxx
    *katy*
    I have removed my myspace address because of our little \"invasion\" but if you want to add me just send a pm

Gingy! How's everything now? Hope you feel better! [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]*hugs from afar* The anticipation and build up is awful, its what I fear more than actually v*ing I think! It's all mind over matter.
    \"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars..\"

how are you doing??!! i've been thinking about you all night!!

Ginger

How are you doing? Are you feeling any better? Let us know what's going on. I hope you are doing fine now. Hit us back, let us know how you are.

Hang in there, tomorrow will be better than today.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Ginger

Trust me these people will track you down if you don't answer! [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]There is no standing in the way of emets and their care for a fellow emet! They proved that to me![img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Really, let us know how you are. We are worried about you![img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

good point john

Wow, you guys. Thank you so much for your concern. Well, I was so sick feeling,I just got off the internet the rest of the night and was crying,gagging and heaving into bags but nothing came out. I tried many times to make myself do it and nothing. I think I am hit with an sv because my mother was not feeling well yesterday afternoonand was feeling sick around the same time as me ( and her stomach rarely hurts or bothers her). Yesterday, I went out for a bit and came home and ate some leftover pasta. I've had this pasta for the past couple nights and felt fine. About 20 minutes later, my stomach was feeling really,really bad-burning, tight, heavy, gassy and lots of loud noises and that v* rising feeling. This was all deja vu of when I p* in April. The n* was so bad I was going crazy on when it was gonna happen. I have dramamine but I wanted to fight it and possibly just do it this time ( since I was home). I was feeling this way from 4:00pm- 2:00a.m. Right now, I feel a bit woozy still and tired from the whole situation. My mother said she was drinking peppermint tea all night and her n* and wooziness went away. Even if I drank water or anything, I felt it was gonnacome right back up so I was scared.I think that if it was an sv, they are very sneaky bastards. They wait for you to eat a heavy amount of food so you can v* it up. I was feeling off earlier but not horrible until I ate the pasta ( and like I said, I ate it the day before and was fine). Thanks again you guys. I know if I made it this far, then that means I might not v*. I just am afraid to eat much now. What is good to eat after an episode like this? Could this be an sv or something else?

-Bridgette

i'm sorry you had such a terrible night!! did your mom tell you she wasn't feeling well and you started feeling bad after?? because then it could just be nerves!! i know whenever i start to feel n* i panic immediately and end up blowing everything out of proportion and i feel so much worse than i should... you should try to eat crackers or something very light because the acid in your stomach probably won't make you feel much better... most likely you will not v* if you haven't yet... and you did say you're starting to feel better right? hope you're feeling better soon!!!!!

awww hope you feel better soon.

Well, it does sound like you could have had a sv*, but it also could have been any number of things. As far as eating, just remember that your tummy has been through alot and needs to rest. You can survive without food for quite awhile, but you need to make sure you are drinking fluids. Clear liquids like tea or ginger ale or great, but stay away from milk for a bit (too hard on the tummy!). Once you feel you can eat, keep it simple and light. Maybe try dry toast or crackers first and then go from there. Remember, eat when you feel up to it, okay? But.....you do need to drink plenty of liquids!!!

I'm so sorry to hear you've had such a rough night, but it sounds like the worst is behind you and you made it through. Yay! Rest up and you will feel fine in no time. Take care and hang in there!!!

Glad you are better!

Remember the BRAT diet

Bananas

Applesauce

Rice

Toast

Any combination of those is best after a gastro intestinal event![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Avoid caffine & dairy products but get plenty of fluids.

REST REST REST!

I'm glad you're feeling a bit better and that you got thru OK. Yeah stick w/ BRATS or crackers or something lite. It could be an sv but the plus side is if it is you've been thru the worst of it I'd assume. Get some rest and really pamper yourself today.
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin