Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I would love to come toan emetbachelorette party with you guys (but do I qualify as we have been engaged for five years!!! - although I'm thinking of asking Paul if he wants to actually take the plunge next year..) just a bit too far for me to come though! If you do have one I'll be there in spirit! Edited by: tcsarah
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

congrats!! im so excited for you!! i am currently engaged and its just soooo exciting!! I will be having a summer wedding!! i wish you all the happiness in the world!! oh and cute pictures!!
    ♥LIDIA&hearsts;

Yay! Congratulations!!!! I love your ring- Awesome.
    \"This too shall pass\"

Thanks everyone I have said it before, I will say it again- YOU GUYS ROCK! (and roll)

I LOVE my ring....now Chris is saying that it is too small and he wants to upgrade, but I think it is perfect. It's just so....me. I haven't seen a ruby this shade before either. It's kinda funny, because 80% of what was in my old apartment before we moved in together was that shade of fuschia!

Haha- poor guy.....he got all nervous, gave me the ring- and then I had to leave him to work overnight- and then when I got home, since at that point I had been up for 22 hours, I crashed hard! LOL- and I work tonight, and sunday afternoon....so poor dude gives me a ring, and then we can't even spend any time together to 'celebrate'.

I am ALL FOR an emet bachelorette party- how wicked awesome would that be? I also love to travel. Anytime, anyplace, as long as finances are there, so will I

Tracey- come on......you would have to come Maybe we can smuggle you in one of Victoria Beckham's massive luggage bag or something?

Lidia- We will be having a summer wedding too.....but summer 2008. The first weekend of august. How are your plans going? And yours too Mary and Kasey? We should start a wedding planning thread.....I'm always up for exchanging ideas, because I am SO not someone to care about the details of things....which I know will inevitably come and bite me in the arse!

Once again.....you are ALL fabulous

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Congrats Amber...and I also love the ring, it's unique and classy...like you!!

Hope you'll behappier than I was...lol[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]!!!

Congratulations!!!! Im sooo happy for you! I slight warning though- Dont use theknot.com for anything! The women there are nasty and cruel- read my post about it in the private forum. You should use Brides2wives.com they are all sweeties over there!! Congrats again!

congrats amber!!..love that ring, it's so pretty..i would definetly pick that ring for myself!!!...ruby is my mom's birthstone...i didn't know they came in pink! best wishes to both of you!
    ~Sheri~

Congratualtions!! How exciting and what a beautiful ring with a lot of thought put behind it. You are going to have a blast planning your wedding and life together!
    We have got to be able to laugh at ourselves about this!!

That is such great news!!! I love it......the ring, the fact that hefibbed about it not being ready yet,the proposal, everything! Sounds like you've got a great guy there and he's not hard on the eyes either! I'm so happy for you!!!!! Congrats to you both!

BTW...I'm still technically a bachelorette myself. I know I refer to Jeremy as my hubby, but we've never made it official. Maybe I'll throw us all a big ol' emet-bachelorette party here in Oklahoma!!!

the ring is gorgeous! i like how its not the traditional wedding ring..its very classy and looks so you...

Quote Originally Posted by kasey
    Quote Originally Posted by harmonygirl72

Congrats from me and my ever grateful poutine loving fiance!!!! How about aBIG emet bachelorette party? (TcSarah and Kasey, you in? And, all the others who are bound to get rings this Christmas!!!)

Mary

I'm in...I will travel too!

Congratulations!!! Can I come also? I am just married, so practically still a bride.

Quote Originally Posted by qpaulina42
    Quote Originally Posted by kasey
    Quote Originally Posted by harmonygirl72

Congrats from me and my ever grateful poutine loving fiance!!!! How about aBIG emet bachelorette party? (TcSarah and Kasey, you in? And, all the others who are bound to get rings this Christmas!!!)

Mary

I'm in...I will travel too!

Congratulations!!! Can I come also? I am just married, so practically still a bride.

Bring it on girl!

Oh and have ya'll set a date Crimgoddess?

Hey Amber...I know I'm late on this one, just wanted to say congrats!!!!
    .I just want to feel safe in my own skin. I just want to be happy again. I just want to feel deep in my own world. But I’m so lonely I don’t even want to be with myself. <3

Thanks crazybeautiful Reality is starting to set in....and now I am realizing "dang...I gotta get this damned thing planned!"

A) if anyone wants to come up to the Great White North (eh) for a hell of a bachelorette party, thrown by my gay husband (not to be confused with the straight one, lol), date TBA, you are MORE than welcome I also work for a hotel which means cheap rates!

B) Kasey- the date is AUg 2nd 2008.....granted we can get the hall we want. We will be booking it at the end of the month, as there is only 2 halls in my hometown that have the capacity we are looking at.

*cheers*

Amber

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Amber , soooo down for the party and wedding !!! and im excited I havent been to your part of the north yet lol. cant wait.hopefully my man will be out by then and ill bring him too!!

AWESOME!!!!

And I would also love to see you and your man together happy and out having fun. The two of you SO deserve it.....

hehehe....and we will show you how Northerners party! (lol, how northerners in Ontario part-ay anyway!)

*Amber*

Pre-wedding stress can bring you down. However, there are a couple of awesome perks to being a bride-to-be.

1.) The Bridal Shower: Even if you aren't big on family gatherings, you still get tons of free stuff for your home/apartment. [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img] Kitchen gadgets, bedding, bathroom decor, etc....it was so nice getting all that stuff!

2.) The Bachelorette Party: Anexcuse to get pretty tipsy (or flat-out smashed, if you prefer), talk about penises and their girths without shame, and to act like a crazy woman without anyone thinking you're nuts. A great excuse to be "naughty," but still look really nice.

3.) Then, there's the wedding day, which gives you a day to feel like a princess. You truly feel like you're in a fairy tale, at times. There's no feeling like it in the world.

4,) The Honeymoon: well, do I really need to say anything? [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

Have fun wedding planning. Try not to stress too much. And remember that it's YOUR DAY. Not anyone else's. So if anyone has a problem with the way you're doing things, then tell them to stuff it. (in a nice manner, if possible...bridezillas are a bridesmaid's worst nightmare.) And just treasure and enjoy this special time in your life. It really goes by so fast!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

And I love the ring!

Quote Originally Posted by crimgoddess

AWESOME!!!!

And I would also love to see you and your man together happy and out having fun. The two of you SO deserve it.....

hehehe....and we will show you how Northerners party! (lol, how northerners in Ontario part-ay anyway!)

*Amber*

Can I come, can I come?! My husband is from North Bay, remember so I know how to party!

Quote Originally Posted by happyteacher
    Quote Originally Posted by crimgoddess

AWESOME!!!!

*Amber*

Can I come, can I come?! My husband is from North Bay, remember so I know how to party!

OF COURSE!!!!

What I will do when it comes time to send out the invites for various things, I will ask for PM's with addresses or send out e-vites. I would love nothing more to have some of my emet-sistas share in the festivities!

*amber*

Ashley- Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HDogg

Pre-wedding stress can bring you down. However, there are a couple of awesome perks to being a bride-to-be.

1.) The Bridal Shower: Even if you aren't big on family gatherings, you still get tons of free stuff for your home/apartment. [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img] Kitchen gadgets, bedding, bathroom decor, etc....it was so nice getting all that stuff!

2.) The Bachelorette Party: Anexcuse to get pretty tipsy (or flat-out smashed, if you prefer), talk about penises and their girths without shame, and to act like a crazy woman without anyone thinking you're nuts. A great excuse to be "naughty," but still look really nice.

3.) Then, there's the wedding day, which gives you a day to feel like a princess. You truly feel like you're in a fairy tale, at times. There's no feeling like it in the world.

4,) The Honeymoon: well, do I really need to say anything? [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

Have fun wedding planning. Try not to stress too much. And remember that it's YOUR DAY. Not anyone else's. So if anyone has a problem with the way you're doing things, then tell them to stuff it. (in a nice manner, if possible...bridezillas are a bridesmaid's worst nightmare.) And just treasure and enjoy this special time in your life. It really goes by so fast!

haha- our problem is that we bought so much stuff when we moved in together, and also got rid of a lot because we had a lot of duplicates. I'm not sure what we're going to register for, because we already have too much Oh well, if we get a lot of new stuff the homeless shelter is going to get some great gently-used stuff.

Ahhh...the bachelorette party.....I'm kinda scared. I'm crazy, but nowhere near as crazy as my best friend. Why do I think the night will end with me doing a shot off a transexual who has better boobs than I do?

Hahaha- I'm already getting issues with the fact that it's not a religious ceremony, and that I don't want this bad sister sledge song to play that they play at every wedding that annoys the crap out of me but for some reason my mom's family loves it. Fantastic.

Other than that, I'm pretty easygoing. The bridesmaids will have a choice of 4 different tops and 4 different bottoms, in any variation of red and white. They can get their hair done, they can leave it the way it is- as long as they like it. We are letting people bring their kids (which will probably come back and bite me in the arse at some point), and we are having a buffet dinner with a lot of options.

My main thing is that A) we dont' run out of alcohol, and B) everyone has fun. Oh, and that there is no drama between Chris' parents, who havent spoken in over 20 years. [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]

Thanks for the tips Heather

*amber*

Amber...you know I want to come!! Come on to Chicago in July for mine, too, k??

Mary
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

^ Mary, sounds like a plan

It's been years since I have been to Chicago, would love to go again! And I would LOOOVE to finally meet you in person~!

*amber*

Amber , im SOOO frickin excited . I cant wait seriuosly this will be the best time ever. Im so excited , oh goshhh i pray my man will be out . He should be out by 2008. let me know where you registered at !

I am in Alberta....I wanna come too! LOL! I won't even be fat anymore! CONGRATS!

Crystal
    That, which does not kill us, makes us stronger!