Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I found this story about the sv* on USA today web site. here is the link

http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/...-stomach-bug_x .htmEdited by: hippychick

Yikes!

I hope I have B type blood...

Awesome article...I did think that this was very interesting!
    Other studies show some people are naturally immune to norovirus. "You can throw as much virus as you want at them, and they won't get it," he says.
    To cause illness, the virus binds to receptors in the gut, he says, but "clearly, there are people who don't have the receptors and won't get infected."
    Then there are people who get infected and can spread the virus but don't get sick themselves.
    That is exactly what we had...god that sucked. I don't wish that upon anyone!

It was a gross article but it had a lot of positive things in there too.

OMFG! That scares the hell out of me. My friend will be visiting from California this weekend and I'm so worried that she will bring the virus with her! I am living in New Mexico and I haven't heard of any outbreaks here. UGH!!! What should I do? We only have one bathroom...am I being a little dramatic?

This is like a horror story with a nice ending...andI quote "Happily, it is unlikely to last much longer. It's seasonal," Widdowson says, "and the season will end."

I refuse to expend all of my energy worrying about it. I wash my hands, I clean my house(occasionally) and I'm just not gonna do anything more than that. I'm tired ofliving in fear when I eat out or go to the store or the movies, etc. Matter of fact~tonight I'm heading to a thing at my daughter's Elementary School. If I get it, I get it. I'll live, no matter how bad it is.
    Be Here Now

i cant read this at work.....what does it say about those with a+ type blood?

or can someone copy and paste and send it to my wrok?

[email protected]

Wow! That is freaky, I am B+, thankfully!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Nikki, I really like your attitude about this. I think I'll re-read your post when I get panicky![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img] I'll admit I had a several hour anxiety attack after reading this article. I'm still not over it, but I just need to think of it like you do......deal with it as it comes. And it may not even come. Thanks! Janna

I had to laugh a little at this portion:
    Infection is no guarantee against future misery, he says. "You may develop immunity to one group but get whacked by another," he says, and any immunity gained is only temporary.
    "In tests with volunteers, you feed them (virus), they get sick. A week later, you give it again, they're immune. You give it six months later, and they get sick again," he says.
    Why someone would volunteer for that study, I have NO freaking clue! CRAZY!
    I also wanted to say that I agree with Nikki. Deal with it if and when it happens. I myself have decided to start taking steps to take new risks every day. Like, sounds silly, but usually every time i touch something like a doorknob i wash my hands. the other day, touched the banister at work and forced myself to eat a few pretzels with my hands. just a few, then i sanitized my hands. risky, but that's what you have to do i guess. Edited by: melissarene

melissarene, wow I would NEVER be able to do that!!! [img]smileys/smilies_03.gif[/img]touch a banister then eat... i'd die lol.

Wow this article was freaky!!! It has been such a warm winter for us and I don't think that has helped..I have freaked out everytime I have heard of someone having it, but i guess there is really nothing to do about it. I am not type B blood, but am crossing my fingers.