Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Sick..

I am sick...I think I have the flu, INFLUENZA, which I got the shot for, and so did my husband and daughter...

It started last night, I have had a cold, and all the sudden last night my body started to ache and I got the chills, I was up all night shivering and my body hurt, I have had some stomach cramps, but no D* and I was proud of myself and I ate today...I don't think it's a sv, at least I hope not...I am starting to feel better as the day goes on, I just hope my daughter doesn't get it!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I am very sorry you are sick.....i just had the sv last week, so i know how you feel. Hopefully you will continue to recover and it won't get any worse. I hope your baby doesn't get it as well. They are so pitiful when they are sick. I will keep my fingers crossed for you both. That sucks that you both got the flu shot, and ended up getting it any way.......so sad...Hugs!!!
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

I got a flu shot for the first time this year. They told me you can still get the flu the symptoms just won't be quite as bad!! Hope you feel better soon!!

Quote Originally Posted by calibmom24
    I got a flu shot for the first time this year. They told me you can still get the flu the symptoms just won't be quite as bad!! Hope you feel better soon!!

I did not know that! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by kate1966
    I am very sorry you are sick.....i just had the sv last week, so i know how you feel. Hopefully you will continue to recover and it won't get any worse. I hope your baby doesn't get it as well. They are so pitiful when they are sick. I will keep my fingers crossed for you both. That sucks that you both got the flu shot, and ended up getting it any way.......so sad...Hugs!!!

Thanks so much, I am starting to feel better! I am sorry you had the SV, you didn't v* did you? I hope not!!

Sorry you are feeling so bad. I hope you feel better soon and that your little girl stays well.

Feel better soon!

i got the flu for the first time in 20 years..last Feb.....and i had the shot.

I thought i was going to die my fever was so high. no v and no d.

Get well soon.

did you go to the dr to get some meds?

I hope you feel better soon. Hopefully it won't last as long since you had the shot.

They say that if you get the shot that the symptoms will not be as bad. Hope you feel better soon and that the rest of your family stays healthy!

OHH--Lots of liquids, broths, and Tylenol. Let your body rest and take care!! I hope you feel 100% soon, hun!
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Thanks so much everyone!

I am feeling lots better![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Just a quick note....even if you get the flu shot, it doesn't not mean you won't get the flu. A couple reasons...

1. You could get it in a very slight version.

2. If the flu going around is not a strain they predicted for this year, you can still get it. Full force. There are only 3 or 4 flu in a flu shot, and hundreds of strains.

Your immunity is better, though, so symptoms tend to be less. Also, they are respiratory flus. Not any sv.

Hope you feel better soon. My son had the flu before x-mas, and he had a fever for 5 days. No d* or v*, and I never did catch it, so it must have been a predicted one.

Crystal
    That, which does not kill us, makes us stronger!

One thing to remember...you CANNOT get the flu from the shot. It is impossible because they use a dead virus, or replica of the actual flu viruses.

You can get a mild fever and aches but not the flu. This is your body building antibodies so you can fight the actual flu.

Glad you're feeling better. Hang in there.
    \"This too shall pass\"

Glad you are better. Let's hope the little one stays well. Take it easy...</font>

Actually, sorry to tell you, I did v....and it was not a pleasant experience....BUT i did get through it...and survived. I am glad you are feeling better though...keep it up...take care.

Quote Originally Posted by mommy2braylynn

Quote Originally Posted by kate1966

Thanks so much, I am starting to feel better! I am sorry you had the SV, you didn't v* did you? I hope not!!
    Kate

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"