Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hey!

My name is Brittany, I've been on here since the beginning,(even way before the new forum)but I've never really posted anything, just kinda of looked around, and read your posts. But I have decided I'd like to start posting on here as well. Here's my experiance being an emet:

I've been emetophobic for about8 years now. I am 16 and I've had it since I was about 8. I also haven't Ved in 7 years. It was in the 3rd grade, and I remember my first experience with being and emet was while I was having drops put into my ears, because I had just had an operation on my ears. My mom was watching TV, and there was this awful show on, andI kept telling her I wanted to go to my room, but right after my dropsI had to sit so the drops would make sure to stay in, so I wasn't able to. And the most awfullest scary thing happend on that show (and I am pretty sure you know what I mean) and I freaked out! They just thought I didn't like the show, until they rented Slappy and the Stinkers(don't watch has a bad Ving scene) and when that scene happend I freaked out too. From then on I would not watch any movies, or tv til about last year. I wouldn't go out anywhere, to theme parks, or the mall, or a restaurant. I would refuse to go to school, on an airplane, on a bus. I wouldn't listen to the radio, watch ANY movies or TV. I had really really bad OCD. I hated being around people, because well I always wondered what would happen if they got sick.

It was awful, and then about 2 years ago I knew I had to stop. I had a therapist and talked to him about a bit of my problems, but the majority of my becoming better was done by me. I made myself watch tv, butI made sure I had the remote next to mejust incase I couldsomething happend and I had to mute.And I also made myself go out and do things. When I started doing these things, my OCD started to dissapear, and I was just feeling more relieved.

Now I am able to watch some tv without worrying what will happen on the show. I never could even stand cartoon shows when someone Ved, but now they don't bother me at all. And as for movies, I can only watch2 movies so far with Ving in them. Like I made myself watch Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, and Cheaper by the Dozen. Those 2 movies didn't bug me at all! I go in busses, and on planes, and to theme parks now. In fact I go anywhere without worrying at all about people Ving. I actually just got back from California, which we went to lots of theme parks, and went on a 6 and 1/2 hour plane ride, and I didn't even think about Ving!

I have really come a long way. I still am working on bein gable to watch any movie, or any TV show, but I think that will take a bit. I am very proud of myself for going this far!

[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

wow you have come an extremely long way!! u shud be very pleased with urself not many ppl can do what u have done....

keep going and im glad u found the confidence to post to us.

welcome to our family

Jenxxxxxxx

Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hi Brittany and welcome to the site!

You have come a very long way especially being so young, it was very brave of you to try and sort this phobia out before it got any worse (although yours already sounded very bad)

If you ever want to chat, feel free to e-mail or pm me.
    <font size=\"2\"><font color=BLUE>Life is like a coin. You can spend it any way you wish, but you only spend it once.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Carolinexx</font></font>